KernelXE - My Unofficial Windows 2000 Kernel

Ximonite

14 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

Every time I install the update collection, I get stuck with this BSOD when it starts up.

image.thumb.png.67bec61860ba8e4e5c036f4fba078f7d.png

Is Windows 2000 English version you have? Have you installed updates before? Like BlackWingCat Extended kernel?

3 hours ago, windows2 said:

Is Windows 2000 English version you have? Have you installed updates before? Like BlackWingCat Extended kernel?

Yes, Windows 2000 English, I used that update pack that he gave the link to (that pack specifically gave it that BSOD) is there any other update pack I can use before applying the kernel patch?

8 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

Yes, Windows 2000 English, I used that update pack that he gave the link to (that pack specifically gave it that BSOD) is there any other update pack I can use before applying the kernel patch?

You can install KB2479629-v3 and KB2508429-v17. Those are the important 2 WildBill updates that are required.

On 05/11/2020 at 5:45 AM, Ximonite said:

rv1 changes:
Added custom BlackWingCat ntdll.dll with RtlIpv6StringToAddressExW and RtlSetLastWin32Error.

Downloads:

KernelXE v0.2.4.2

KernelXE v0.2.5-rv1 Lite

WildBill Update Collection

Info:

Make sure to install the WildBill Update Collection BEFORE KernelXE. It is required and your system will be unbootable if you install KernelXE first. (This will change with KernelXE v0.2.5 because it will include it's own win32k.sys)

Please change devmgr.dll to devmgr.dll for Windows xp sp2. For the reason that it contains a hardware ID detection feature

When installing kernelXE lite 0.2.5-rv1 I got a Bsod STOP: c0000139 {entry point not found} the procedure entry point LdrAddRefDll could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll .

I had to restore the old ntdll.dll to fix this Bsod.

Edited by windows2

7 hours ago, windows2 said:

Please change devmgr.dll to devmgr.dll for Windows xp sp2. For the reason that it contains a hardware ID detection feature

When installing kernelXE lite 0.2.5-rv1 I got a Bsod STOP: c0000139 {entry point not found} the procedure entry point LdrAddRefDll could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll .

I had to restore the old ntdll.dll to fix this Bsod.

Are you installing KernelXE lite over full KernelXE?
That's definitely bound to cause problems cause BlackWingCat ntdll.

Also, I plan on adding the newer version of devmgr.dll to full KernelXE. It's not needed in KernelXE lite cause it's made to install on top of BlackWingCat's extended kernel, which already contains the new devmgr.dll

13 hours ago, Ximonite said:

Are you installing KernelXE lite over full KernelXE?
That's definitely bound to cause problems cause BlackWingCat ntdll.

This means that I have to choose one of the two. The full KernelXE or KernelXE lite. Is merging the two causing problems.

Edited by windows2

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 5:36 AM, lan vuhoang said:

Opera 12 and New Moon keep giving me errors because uxtheme.dll is not present.1455836638_Windows2000Professional-2021-06-24-16-35-43.thumb.png.cd500ca394bef15a757182c00f522855.png

you can add the missing .dll files in the system32 folder

KernelXE Lite don't have this issue, but it also don't have the beautiful icons that the full version provides.

Edit: Also, I don't want to rick my VM getting an error upon bootup because W10's uxtheme.dll is not compatible with W2000.

Edited by lan vuhoang

How do I remove a post?

I know this isn't the correct thread, but this was originally a duplicate of the post above to fix a spacing mistake, but then, I don't know how to delete the other one.

Edited by lan vuhoang