Update integration?

Alpis

Windows Update doesn't work anymore, although I downloaded all the updates with PatchLoader in catalog, the issue is I can't integrate these, I tried DISM and a modded NTLite, both did not work, I'm using an MSDN ISO copy of Windows Vista x64 (en_windows_vista_sp2_x64_dvd_342267)

Any help would be appreciated.

It is invalid parameter.

Also not aware of this IE9-vista.msu. Usually you install IE9 by way of installing the 3 .msu pre-requisite updates and then running the .EXE. In this scenario, IE9 is not integrated into the image, rather is installed during first boot.

There are also compatibility issues regarding Vista where you may need to use the WAIK for the OS version. WAIK 1.1 for Vista SP1 servicing. Also that you may need to use peimg to service images instead of DISM.

Verify /english exists. /image is for a file not a mount point. Make sure you are using the Deployment Tools Command Prompt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:22 AM, Regele said:

You can actually integrate anything but the size of the final iso will be over 8gb (under 9gb tho) if you include sp2 and all 450+ updates

not unless you can find a way to convert & compress the install.wim file into an install.esd

On 10/9/2020 at 7:34 AM, erpdude8 said:

not unless you can find a way to convert & compress the install.wim file into an install.esd

https://www.dell.com/community/Windows-General-Wiki/Microsoft-Windows-Vista-Official-iso-Downloads-Digital-River/ta-p/5190421

use these links and the wayback machine (its a headache to get all the files but doable, topic with all isos already updated coming soon (next weekend i hope))

On 10/9/2020 at 5:34 AM, erpdude8 said:

Cleaning with dism++ before capture into install.wim reduces the size a lot.

13 hours ago, SIW2 said:

Cleaning with dism++ before capture into install.wim reduces the size a lot.

using compcln.exe and the disk cleanup utility to delete all but the most recent restore points and useless system files got me 1gb off the vista ultimate iso so the final iso size is ~7.1gb for anyone wondering

21 hours ago, SIW2 said:

Mine is less than 4gb. It Doesn't include the server updates.

mine neither

how many updates you got on that iso? there should be 470+ for vista ultimate including ultimate extras, service pack 2, all .cab and .msu updates, netframework 3.5 and 4.6

I started with iso that already includes sp2.  I didn't need to do the reverse integration of the service pack. Then after updates, cleaned up with dism++ before capture into .wim. That makes a big difference.

Edited by SIW2

23 hours ago, SIW2 said:

I started with iso that already includes sp2.  I didn't need to do the reverse integration of the service pack. Then after updates, cleaned up with dism++ before capture into .wim. That makes a big difference.

yea well how many updates you got on your iso? (excluding server 2008)