the installation of windows 2000 was blocked in LENOVO G500

windows2

13 hours ago, Ximonite said:

When integrating the drivers, are you selecting only the device that matches the one in your laptop? I know that selecting all of the devices can cause this error.

Here is what I'm talking about:

nLite_driver_options.png

@Ximonite i choose multiple driver not single driver and i choose"Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" the operation did not succeed. I tried all the methods, but this did not work. Then I chose Intel (R) 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller. The 'iaStor.sys is corrupted' issue did not appear, but as usual, an error has stopped installing in 'Setup is starting windows 2000'

5 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Boy do I hate this.

WHICH one is the 7.6 version for the Intel 7 series? 

Snippet of the Search results on http://win2k.org/ :

jaclaz

I looked at the type of CPU processor 

Capture.PNG

Edited by windows2

I will try again (last time).

There is seemingly NO "7.6" version of the Intel driver for the Intel 7 Series on that site.

Ximonite gave a very vague reference (whole site).

And did not provide a link to the actual driver.

I found on that site a SINGLE driver version 8.9 for the Intel 7 series and tentatively provided a link to the actual 8.9 driver.

Win32 gave a less vague one, mentioning version 7.6 (that seemingly does not exist or at least is not listed for the 7 series) AND did not provide a link to the actual 7.6 driver.

Windows2 tested reportedly both the 8.9 and 7.6 version AND did not provide a link to the actual 7.6 driver.

It is not difficult, it is called "attempt to communicate inequivocally", someone asks something CLEARLY, someone else, that presumably knows the answer or has an idea to suggest, replies with EXACT information.

So, I will ask again.

WHICH driver of the 7.6 version did you try?

The answer to the above question is a direct link to the file, NOT any vague description.

And now, for no apparent reason, a couple of EXACT references (links):
http://vm1.duckdns.org/Public/IntegrateDrv/IntegrateDrv.htm

http://reboot.pro/topic/18107-integratedrv-install-xp-2003-to-a-usb-30-disk-and-boot-from-it/

jaclaz 

Edited by jaclaz

There is seemingly NO "7.6" version of the Intel driver for the Intel 7 Series on that site.

I found on that site a SINGLE driver version 8.9 for the Intel 7 series and tentatively provided a link to the actual 8.9 driver.

Win32 gave a less vague one, mentioning version 7.6 (that seemingly does not exist or at least is not listed for the 7 series) AND did not provide a link to the actual 7.6 driver.

Windows2 tested reportedly both the 8.9 and 7.6 version AND did not provide a link to the actual 7.6 driver.

It is not difficult, it is called "attempt to communicate inequivocally", someone asks something CLEARLY, someone else, that presumably knows the answer or has an idea to suggest, replies with EXACT information.

So, I will ask again.

The answer to the above question is a direct link to the file, NOT any vague description.

And now, for no apparent reason, a couple of EXACT references (links):Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 6 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type d)

http://reboot.pro/topic/18107-integratedrv-install-xp-2003-to-a-usb-30-disk-and-boot-from-it/

jaclaz 

Thank you . I will try and tell you what happened. And the 7.6 version that I tried is Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 6 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type d).
And Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 8 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type e) and I apologize for the bad explanation

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

So, I will ask again.

And now, for no apparent reason, a couple of EXACT references (links):

jaclaz 

I did not understand what to do and how. These things I have not tried. How do I integrate  all these drivers? Can you explain to the fullest extent please.I am still a beginner

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

I can't directly link to BlackWingCat's website because of a bad gateway error. I already tried to provide a link to a file on BlackWingCat's website before (link).

I also specified that the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers should be used.

The newer drivers work on older storage controllers, so the drivers for 8 series and newer will work with 7 series storage controllers.

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 8 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type e)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2014/03

This, as well as all newer releases support the Intel 7 series. I'd like to post a direct link but BWC's sites are not hotlink friendly.

2 hours ago, windows2 said:

Thank you . I will try and tell you what happened. And the 7.6 version that I tried is Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 6 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type d).
And Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 8 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type e) and I apologize for the bad explanation

Perfect:

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Does any of those two (these are the corresponding links):

http://win2k.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata76_cd2kd.zip&lang=ja

http://win2k.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata76_cd2ke.cab&lang=ja

contain any .inf file with contents compatible with the PCI\VEN you posted earlier:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0106
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_010601
PCI\CC_0106

:dubbio:

If no, those drivers are not suitable.

The first driver seemingly has not that PCI\VEN.

The second driver:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 8 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type e)

actually contains in iaAHCI.inf that id:
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_mobl_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106

and:

;Localizable
DiskName                                    = "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver"
*PNP0600.DeviceDesc                         = "Intel AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5029&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B29&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

so it should be the "right" one, even if it is described for Intel 8 Series.

BUT maybe there are other incompatibilities. :unsure:

In TXTSETUP.OEM there is:

; iaAHCI.inf
iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel(R) ICH6R SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_ICH6M = "Intel(R) ICH6M SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_EP80579 = "Intel(R) EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_ESB2                     = "Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_7RDH                     = "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_7MMDH                    = "Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8RDHDO                   = "Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8MEM                     = "Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_9RDODH                   = "Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_9MEM                     = "Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_10DDO                    = "Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_10R                      = "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_5                        = "Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_5_1                      = "Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_5_1_1                    = "Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_DesktopWorkstationServer = "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_Mobile                   = "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_7            = "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_7_1          = "Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_6            = "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8            = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8_1          = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8_2          = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
iaAHCI_8_3          = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

but then there is NO corresponding entry iaAHCI_7_1  in the rest of the file.

So, for *some reasons* the TXTSETUP.OEM does not correspond to the .inf.

This may (or may not) be connected to the issues you are having.

Surely the 8.9 version (that requires the extended kernel, whatever it is):

iata89bw2k.zip

http://win2k.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata89bw2k.zip&lang=en

does have in TXTSETUP.OEM the entry:

iaAHCI_7_1          = "Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

AND:

[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_7_1]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

@Ximonite

@Win32

I know that the direct links won't work to download, but they can be seen/copied from the search reults and they are an easy way to check (filename) that we are talking of a same file.

jaclaz 

Edited by jaclaz

1 hour ago, windows2 said:

I did not understand what to do and how. These things I have not tried. How do I integrate  all these drivers? Can you explain to the fullest extent please.I am still a beginner

You can try to use the Winnt32 approach with Windows 2000:

You need to make an on USB "localsource" with Winnt32 running on another PC, then add the Wait4UFD driver, then add the AHCI/SATA driver with integratedrv.

Will it work? Cannot say.

Personally I would still try making a plainer attempt with no AHCI, via DOS and WINNT.EXE on FAT32.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181798-the-installation-of-windows-2000-was-blocked-in-lenovo-g500/?do=findComment&comment=1186272

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Perfect:

Does any of those two (these are the corresponding links):

http://win2k.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata76_cd2kd.zip&lang=ja

contain any .inf file with contents compatible with the PCI\VEN you posted earlier:

:dubbio:

If no, those drivers are not suitable.

The first driver seemingly has not that PCI\VEN.

The second driver:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000 (Intel 8 Series 蟇 セ 蠢 �-type e)

actually contains in iaAHCI.inf that id:
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_mobl_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106

and:

so it should be the "right" one, even if it is described for Intel 8 Series.

BUT maybe there are other incompatibilities. :unsure:

In TXTSETUP.OEM there is:

Surely the 8.9 version (that requires the extended kernel, whatever it is):

iata89bw2k.zip

http://win2k.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=iata89bw2k.zip&lang=en

does have in TXTSETUP.OEM the entry:

AND:

jaclaz

I have tried the majority of them . I'm confused about what to do. I'm going crazy sitting at the computer so long about this problem ,excuse me, I do my best for the explanation

Intel Gigabit Network LAN Driver(v3)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2014/11

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 5 Series 莉・蜑榊ッセ蠢�-type c)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2010/12

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 6 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type d)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2011/01

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 8 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type e)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2014/03

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 9 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type f)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2015/03

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 200 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type g)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2016/12

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 300 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type h)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2018/06

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9 for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 6 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2012/09

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9a for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 7 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2013/01

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9b for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 8 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2014/02

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9c for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 8 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2014/03

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9d for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 9 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2015/03

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9e for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 100 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2016/01

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9f for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 200 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2016/12

Intel Rapid Storage Manager 8.9g for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 300 Series 蟇セ蠢�)Windows 2000OtherNot supported2018/06

You can try to use the Winnt32 approach with Windows 2000:

You need to make an on USB "localsource" with Winnt32 running on another PC, then add the Wait4UFD driver, then add the AHCI/SATA driver with integratedrv.

Will it work? Cannot say.

Personally I would still try making a plainer attempt with no AHCI, via DOS and WINNT.EXE on FAT32.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181798-the-installation-of-windows-2000-was-blocked-in-lenovo-g500/?do=findComment&comment=1186272

jaclaz

how to add the command please? with CMD it doesn't work 

bootsect /nt52 G:

winnt32.exe /syspart:g /tempdrive:g /makelocalsource /noreboot

IntegrateDrv /usbboot /driver=..\Drivers\Wait4UFD /target=G:\

For installing from and booting to USB 3.0, the last step should include integration of the USB 3.0 Host Controller and Root Hub drivers, if you have an AMD A75\A85X based motherboard, the drivers are included with the IntegrateDrv package:

IntegrateDrv /usbboot /driver=..\Drivers\AMDUSB30\usbxhc /driver=..\Drivers\AMDUSB30\usbhub /driver

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

I just checked TXTSETUP.OEM of this driver: Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 300 Series 蟇セ蠢�-type h).

It has the entry that is missing in TXTSETUP.OEM from the 8 series driver.

The bootsect.exe need depends on which OS you partition and format the USB stick.

Windows 2000 and XP have a single type of PBR code/bootsector.

Vista and later will automatically use their own bootsector but there is this tool, bootsect.exe that can write either the /NT52 bootector (please read as 2000/XP one) or the /NT60 one (Pleae read Vista/7, etc. one).

If you have on the other PC where you partition/format the USB stick 2000 or XP you don't need to run it.

If you have on the other PC where you partition/format the USB stick Vista or 7 you need to run it with the /NT52 swotch to change the PBR.

http://vm1.duckdns.org/Public/IntegrateDrv/IntegrateDrv_1.1.9.zip

contains BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit executables, the 32 bit one is in \IntegrateDrv\x86\

See the picture on the given page:

IntegrateDrv-UI.png

You want to extract somewhere the whole \IntegrateDrv\ folder, then navigate to the \IntegrateDrv\x86\ and run the IntegrateDrv.exe from there.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

8 hours ago, jaclaz said:

The bootsect.exe need depends on which OS you partition and format the USB stick.

Windows 2000 and XP have a single type of PBR code/bootsector.

Vista and later will automatically use their own bootsector but there is this tool, bootsect.exe that can write either the /NT52 bootector (please read as 2000/XP one) or the /NT60 one (Pleae read Vista/7, etc. one).

If you have on the other PC where you partition/format the USB stick 2000 or XP you don't need to run it.

If you have on the other PC where you partition/format the USB stick Vista or 7 you need to run it with the /NT52 swotch to change the PBR.

http://vm1.duckdns.org/Public/IntegrateDrv/IntegrateDrv_1.1.9.zip

contains BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit executables, the 32 bit one is in \IntegrateDrv\x86\

See the picture on the given page:

IntegrateDrv-UI.png

You want to extract somewhere the whole \IntegrateDrv\ folder, then navigate to the \IntegrateDrv\x86\ and run the IntegrateDrv.exe from there.

jaclaz

Sorry, what's the difference between integrateDrv and nLite, the two do the same thing, I understand