Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

i430VX

Unoffical Roytam1 Browser Installer - Project Thread

Hello all. This post will be "more official" later, but I want to start my own thread for this project of mine, so news and details don't get lost in the main RT1 threads.

I will soon be bringing my browser installer up to "modern times" and renovating it to support all active/semiactive RT1 browser releases.
Also will be combing through and attempting to find any feature requests that were made in the past. From now on, please put such feature requests here.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, i430VX said:

Hello all. This post will be "more official" later, but I want to start my own thread for this project of mine, so news and details don't get lost in the main RT1 threads.

I will soon be bringing my browser installer up to "modern times" and renovating it to support all active/semiactive RT1 browser releases.
Also will be combing through and attempting to find any feature requests that were made in the past. From now on, please put such feature requests here.

Hey @i430VX! Are you still working on this?

I forked your installer a while back so it would work systemwide and crossplatform unlike the original one which did not, at least not back in February. But maybe if you want to integrate some of those changes back upstream, that would help the community a bit.

I published my forked version here: https://w2k.phreaknet.org

I haven't repackaged it, all my changes are in Install.bat

I added a changelog at the top which hits on the main things I changed if you want to look at it. My modifications have made it work perfectly for my needs but I stopped there and am not adding to it for others, so if you want to integrate these changes that might be helpful.

Very cool! I think I'll get a chance in these next couple of days to look at the code. Thanks for your improvements, I will likely implement them.

Posted (edited)

Introducing version 4.00 preview 1!
-added credits page
-integrated changes by InterLinked (MSFN user Dylan Cruz)
-fixed bug with "quit and install nothing" option

More still to come before release!

This is a test build, with the changes just "slapped in there". I don't have time to test extensively as I am packing for a trip, but It is availible here: http://i430vx.net/files/rtb4test.exe

Edited by i430VX
fixed link.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:15 PM, i430VX said:

Introducing version 4.00 preview 1!
-added credits page
-integrated changes by InterLinked (MSFN user Dylan Cruz)
-fixed bug with "quit and install nothing" option

More still to come before release!

This is a test build, with the changes just "slapped in there". I don't have time to test extensively as I am packing for a trip, but It is availible here: http://i430vx.net/files/rtb4test.exe

Cool! Glad you found those changes useful. I've been using that script with the tweaks I made since and it's been hum-de-dum. I owe it to you though for putting the foundation together! Great installer!

• Like 1