MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

3 hours ago, win32 said:

First error indicates that ci.dll didn't get updated; second indicates that something happened to winload that shouldn't have (that error can appear if the header checksum isn't set properly, though i did do that). nointegritychecks attribute must be set to yes in the bcd store for the Vista boot volume.

Then, in that case then update level is important.

As for Edge, it appears you obtained an x86 version. The x64 version does not work presently due to increased reliance on newer security/crypto APIs.

I Updated the header checksum on winload.exe and now it works

• Like 1

even firefox 86 (without editing any files) works well with the newest version of extended kernel

Edited by prinxe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

That’s interesting. I wouldn’t want to irritate Dixel by discussing an antivirus here, but perhaps you could post more details about using Avast with latest extended kernel in Best Windows Vista anti-virus thread?

uhm why would you irritate anyone? This topic is intended for these types of discussions..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, prinxe said:

even firefox 86 (without editing any files) works well with the newest version of extended kernel

Bez tytułu7.jpg

How did you do that?

1 hour ago, mohsad said:

I can only open Firefox 64.0.2

i installed newest firefox on Win7 (in vmware) and copied Mozilla Firefox from Program Files and pasted it to my main Windows Vista. then click firefox.exe in folder that you copied and now u can use

Edited by prinxe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, prinxe said:

i installed newest firefox on Win7 (in vmware) and copied Mozilla Firefox from Program Files and pasted it to my main Windows Vista. then click firefox.exe in folder that you copied and now u can use

Program files or Program files (x86)?