NVIDIA GeForce RTX error code 43 on Windows 10 version 1607

halohalo

I saw this benchmark that you did. https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=38606

Could you send me the driver download please?

Edited by Terrky

• 3 weeks later...

I have no plan to release modified NVIDIA driver. If you are using a Turing GeForce graphics card on Windows 10, you can use version 1809 and later for enhanced gaming experience, but it is better to stay away from latest feature update.  

On version 1607, HEVC B-frames is available, and Mesh Shaders for OpenGL and Vulkan are available, too. I guess NGX may work because official driver is available. Anyone can make the modified NVIDIA driver by spending a month learning debugging and using IDA 7.0. But many features are unavailable due to old Windows version, and it is a big problem.

Another problem is modern PC may require version 1709 and later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, halohalo said:

I have no plan to release modified NVIDIA driver. If you are using a Turing GeForce graphics card on Windows 10, you can use version 1809 and later for enhanced gaming experience, but it is better to stay away from latest feature update.  

On version 1607, HEVC B-frames is available, and Mesh Shaders for OpenGL and Vulkan are available, too. I guess NGX may work because official driver is available. Anyone can make the modified NVIDIA driver by spending a month learning debugging and using IDA 7.0. But many features are unavailable due to old Windows version, and it is a big problem.

I would wanna use it for testing purposes. and some test gaming to see if its better or not etc.

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 5:23 AM, halohalo said:

Hello, is there any chance you could release it? I can donate via paypal to support your development or if you could share details on modifying the inf. I have gotten to the stage (error 43).

EDIT: I have opened the .sys file and searching for 3839 shows many results, not sure which one to replace.

Edited by laddien
added some information

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@halohalo If you can't/won't release the modded drivers, please provide a tutorial on how to modify the correct files. This goes much bigger than running drivers on a somewhat older Windows 10 build. Most notably, installing Windows 7's RTX 30xx drivers into Windows 8.1 is retardedly blocked by Nvidia and will instantly show the same damn error 43 if you force-install them.

No, Nvidia can't be contacted about this.

Edited by AeroSeeker

1 hour ago, halohalo said:

I have no plan making a instruction guide for modified NVIDIA driver.

Why though? I don't wanna gang up on you here, and you don't owe us anything really, but it seems really weird to just refuse to do so.

• 3 months later...

I have deceided with my poor knowledge of how drivers work to attempt to recreate what he did.

From what I can understand, there are just some hex numbers that need to be replaced in the driver .sys file to prevent unloading. More specifically the hex numbers that specify the versions to run on. Currently, they are:

3839: EFF (this number prevents unloading)
295A: 10586 (possibly the Pascal specification)
3FAB: 16299 (possibly the Turing specification)
4563: 17763 (possibly the Ampere specification)

If it is as simple as that, it would just be going into the driver with something like HxD and changing any of those values to 3839 or, a previous version. Say you want to run 14393 on Ampere, you would maybe replace 4563 hex with 295A. Not sure if this will work though. I only have a 1050 Ti, so I can try 10240 support.

• 1 month later...

The Steam patch of NieR:Automata released on July 15 supports Windows 10 and Windows 7/8.1. But 1607 is not compatible with the Windows 10 game patch and gets stuck on a black window, so I have to run Windows 7/8.1 version.

PSO2 New Genesis benchmark and FFXIV: Endwalker benchmark work on 1607. Besides, Windows cumulative update removes Flash Player and its control panel from 1607.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, Tonny52 said:

I have deceided with my poor knowledge of how drivers work to attempt to recreate what he did.

From what I can understand, there are just some hex numbers that need to be replaced in the driver .sys file to prevent unloading. More specifically the hex numbers that specify the versions to run on. Currently, they are:

3839: EFF (this number prevents unloading)
295A: 10586 (possibly the Pascal specification)
3FAB: 16299 (possibly the Turing specification)
4563: 17763 (possibly the Ampere specification)

If it is as simple as that, it would just be going into the driver with something like HxD and changing any of those values to 3839 or, a previous version. Say you want to run 14393 on Ampere, you would maybe replace 4563 hex with 295A. Not sure if this will work though. I only have a 1050 Ti, so I can try 10240 support.

Are those hex values constant across different driver versions, or did you test it with a specific version?

• 2 months later...