Where'd the Ads Go?

i430VX

Today I notice the ads are gone... since I know money has been tight on the forum and I cant personally donate I'm a bit concerned that the forum wont get enough revenue if they stay broken.
What's happening with them?

I think fairly recently Firefox added built-in trackers and cookies blocking to the browser (the shield symbol to the extreme left of the address (url) bar). The default setting for that is to 'block', to unblock for site 'x' requires manual intervention - easy to do on a site-by-site basis. Maybe this has something to do with the disappearing ads. I only noticed this a while back myself because the then new blocking 'broke' a website I commonly visit, forget what site, but turning the Firefox in-built blocking to 'off' for that site fixed the site display issue.

Should say that I have my UBlockOrigin and AdBlockPlus disabled for this site, and also Firefox's built in blocker disabled and I have never since I joined this forum ever seen an ad on it, and that's going back a couple of years. Maybe Google realises I'm one of the unwashed poor and saves bandwidth by not wasting ads on me. :huh:

I'm running Firefox ESR 60, so I don't "think" my release has the built in trackers.  I tried Microsoft Edge Chromium and ads are also disabled.  Plus I notice the ad placeholder is gone - uBlock Origin is disabled on both Edge and Firefox Quantum.

I made another thread about the shrinking width of the MSFN web page as well.  It used to occupy the full width of my large Samsung monitor, but now has thick margins.  It runs wider on my Surface RT tablet, but there still are margins.

Edited by Jody Thornton

13 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

It used to occupy the full width of my large Samsung monitor, but now has thick margins.  It runs wider on my Surface RT tablet, but there still are margins.

Better?

So basically, google thinks this site has a lot of spam traffic? as such they've stopped ALL ads?
That's BS
I hope they resolve it soon

Edited by i430VX