WXP without IE, OE and WMP

Topic title says it all...

How could I install Windows XP, without installing Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and Winows Media Player???

Why? Simple: better alternatives: Mozilla and Winamp...

EDIT: which means I also won't have to install the hotfixes for those programs !!! ????

thanks in advance

EDIT: which means I also won't have to install the hotfixes for those programs !!! ????

Wrong, you would still need to install hotfixes for Internet Explorer, because even if you delete the Internet Explorer directory, Windows Explorer still has its own integrated Internet Explorer browser, and there's no way to get rid of that! :)

Wrong, you would still need to install hotfixes for Internet Explorer, because even if you delete the Internet Explorer directory, Windows Explorer still has its own integrated Internet Explorer browser, and there's no way to get rid of that! :)

that's why I've put the ??? at the end...

I know this would hide IE,OE and WMP (according to ref.chm, included in deployment tools)

winnt.sif

[Components]    IEAccess=off    OEAcces=off    WMPOCM=off

The previous replies made clear it's NOT possible to remove IE. But is it also impossible to remove OE and WMP?

I know this would hide IE,OE and WMP (according to ref.chm, included in deployment tools)

winnt.sif

[Components]

IEAccess=off

OEAcces=off

WMPOCM=off

The previous replies made clear it's NOT possible to remove IE. But is it also impossible to remove OE and WMP?

Its not suggested that you remove OE because when you remove it, it removes the address book and a certain DLL file needed my Microsoft Outlook (part of Office)! :)

Internet Explorer can be removed, but only the browser application will be removed. This means that Windows Explorer will still be able to function as a browser. When removed, it may be very difficult to install a newer version. Because no newer versions are available at the moment, this could not be tested. A shortcut in the Start Menu may not function normally.

Outlook Express is removed together with Windows Address Book, because they require each other to work. When removed, it may be very difficult to install a newer version. Because no newer versions are available at the moment, this could not be tested. A shortcut in the Start Menu may not function normally. Outlook, which is included in Office, requires this component to be installed.

I hide OE by default using oeaccess=off, to increase security. You really shouldn't mess with IE since many different programs expect it to be there and won't work if it's missing.

-gosh

i'd do as gosh says unless u need that space to put something else into the cd then i'd go with jdeboeck but as mentioned lots of programs depend on ie (u can remove oe & wmp)

but then again i'm not sure about this but when u go to a page that has a media player and shows a movie or a trailer or whatever, they tend to use the wmp engine afaik. so u might maybe not be able to see those stuff if u were to remove wmp (sorry i didn't try it, i don't feel the need to remove wmp oe ie) i'd just not use them (delete the shortcuts if u don't want to see them and have another program for the associations)