Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Dibya

Python 3.7.1 for Windows XP

14 hours ago, dencorso said:

@FranceBB & @Dibya: The yodeling obvious, if it hasn't yet dawned on you both, is that both your day-to-day XP systems are too modified to serve as test platforms, and that, by contrast, the virtual machines you both are using as alternative test platforms are not realistic enough to display the issues people are finding... With all due respect, haven't you realized that by yourselves, by now?

My exams are going on . I will install a raw XP on my laptop for testing.

Any beta tester will be highly appreciated

• Like 2

Eh, I'm using XP with unofficial "SP4" updates(OS reinstall from POSReady 2009).

https://anonfile.com/RbQ7w4qfb4/Python37_zip
I've repackaged and twiddled with python 3.7 a bit, using a few suggestions from other thread.
Cleanup folder structure a bit, separate misc files from the pyc(fixes pip failure), added tkinteri+tcl, include get-pip.py,

One slightly curious thing is this.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/40ef233105b36ea12b600235ad96905820053246bcb003f22eb33ca180ef28c1/analysis/1544275319/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a29e6eef3a1ee7a9606b5092d3ca61e7f1675a67798e9514bcfad7b46b9fbad6/analysis/1544275691/
I'm thinking maybe false positives.

Edited by 404notfound

Definitely false positive; we would never release a virus. (Not like this, not to this community). :)

6 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

Definitely false positive; we would never release a virus. (Not like this, not to this community). :)

Come on man I hate virus devlopers personally.

I need to pay money to eset due to them.

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Come on man I hate virus devlopers personally.

I need to pay money to eset due to them.

I hate viruses too. In an ideal world, antivirus softwares wouldn't exist and we wouldn't waste resources.

Unfortunately, there are thieves on the high street and there are thieves on the web. :( 

On the top of that, instead of living in in harmony all together, different countries have different views on different things and they often disagree and these views lead to international conflicts, which is why there are terrorists spread all over the world and intelligence agencies like NSA and MI6 that actually make viruses to spy enemies and to protect their citizens and there are criminals that make viruses to steal credit cards and so on.

Will we ever agree and live in harmony in the whole world? Probably not as it's a utopia, but in all this darkness there's a little shining ray, 'cause here in MSFN there are people from different countries and we all respect each other and try to help each other, which makes me think that maybe, just maybe, one day, human beings will refrain from being greedy and will cooperate (but I'll probably be long gone into dust before this happens).

(end of off-topic).

• Like 1

@404notfound, @Dibya and @FranceBB

Hello all. Nice work, but...

If a project requires a development environment, this must also fully run.
If Python 3.7 under XP is required as a development environment for HTTPSProxy under XP, Python 3.7 must be fully installable and supported.
It is unacceptable that already the development environment must be sought together until it runs without error.
The Python modules need to be updated regularly, there are enough tests therefor. I would like to supply SW to my user, that is not develloped on a possibly faulty development environment...

Sorry, but so your project is not suitable for a development of HTTPSProxy (at this time) i think.

Cpython 3.5 and up use VS2015/2017 (which not run on XP,) to build C-ext thus porting just cpython is half of story. Different approach would be Pypy (pure python), last time I check (py 3.5) still use VS2008 (not that it matter much anyway) and run fine on XP.

Then there is msys2's python3 (mingw64) if you want to go separate way from the official.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:30 AM, TuMaGoNx said:

Cpython 3.5 and up use VS2015/2017 (which not run on XP,) to build C-ext thus porting just cpython is half of story. Different approach would be Pypy (pure python), last time I check (py 3.5) still use VS2008 (not that it matter much anyway) and run fine on XP.

Then there is msys2's python3 (mingw64) if you want to go separate way from the official.

MinGw has severe performance issues .

Dibya as I said you will solve only half of the problem, python without its abundant c-ext (though some may work put of the box) libraries is not that good.
with PyPy you only need patch the core which for current version is trivial