Windows 7 not booting on COmpaq620 without charger

Dibya

this laptop is dual booting  with XP SP3 32bit . Windows XP boots up fine with out charger but windows 7 dies after few seconds showing starting windows screen then automatically system shut downs .

I donot think battery issue as XP is working fine even once 7 started even with high performance mode and high brightness it work for 3hour or more .

So guys and gals how can i fix such strange issue . 

Thanks in advance . Not only 7 also Vista and 8.1 do same .( I have not tried windows terrorist edition (TEN))

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

this laptop is dual booting  with XP SP3 32bit . Windows XP boots up fine with out charger but windows 7 dies after few seconds showing starting windows screen then automatically system shut downs .

I donot think battery issue as XP is working fine even once 7 started even with high performance mode and high brightness it work for 3hour or more .

So guys and gals how can i fix such strange issue . 

Thanks in advance . Not only 7 also Vista and 8.1 do same .( I have not tried windows terrorist edition (TEN))

maybe try uninstalling the battery device  from device manager? it will reinstall back on its own and may fix possible problems

Just now, burd said:

maybe try uninstalling the battery device  from device manager? it will reinstall back on its own and may fix possible problems

I tried no hope

It may sound silly, but maybe Windows 7 consumes more power and the battery is inadequate for it? Did this thing always happened with this laptop since it had Windows 7 installed or it started happening recently? Also is the battery installed properly in Windows 7?

Win7+ may be checking battery status earlier than XP, before it recovers from the current drain of spinning up the HDD. Try booting with changer attached, then unplug it once the system is idle at the desktop.

If this works, look for a BIOS setting that will delay the OS load: slow POST, full RAM check, pause for keyboard entry, dual-boot menu wait, IDE bus scan, etc.

Replacing the HDD with an SSD might also delay the need to replace the battery.

Just now, HarryTri said:

It may sound silly, but maybe Windows 7 consumes more power and the battery is inadequate for it? Did this thing always happened with this laptop since it had Windows 7 installed or it started happening recently? Also is the battery installed properly in Windows 7?

It came pre installed with 7

Just now, jumper said:

Win7+ may be checking battery status earlier than XP, before it recovers from the current drain of spinning up the HDD. Try booting with changer attached, then unplug it once the system is idle at the desktop.

If this works, look for a BIOS setting that will delay the OS load: slow POST, full RAM check, pause for keyboard entry, dual-boot menu wait, IDE bus scan, etc.

Replacing the HDD with an SSD might also delay the need to replace the battery.

Thanks I will try. Once starting windows finish it works with out charger . 

Edited by Dibya