AHCI Drivers XP/2000/NT

burd

On 1/24/2017 at 11:27 AM, dencorso said:

Nobody needs WhatsApp: that's just another nuisance aimed at making people waste time.

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

BUT quite a few people deserve it (and they as well deserve windows 8/8.1/10)... :whistle:

53 minutes ago, HarryTri said:

Come on people, Windows 8/8.1 aren't so bad (especially if you install a decent Start Menu application).

That's true, too... 8 and 8.1, after sufficient tweaking can be real good. Fact.
Now 10 is totally another matter. WhatsApp users deserve 10 and vice versa.  :puke:
Some day in the near future both will be less remembered than teletype tape is today, except that teletype tape was quite useful in its day.

300px-PaperTapes-5and8Hole.jpg

On Τετάρτη, 25 Ιανουαρίου 2017 at 10:47 PM, dencorso said:

Now 10 is totally another matter. WhatsApp users deserve 10 and vice versa.  :puke:
Some day in the near future both will be less remembered than teletype tape is today, except that teletype tape was quite useful in its day.

Let me disagree dencoroso. Windows 10 is evil (due to the "telemetry" stuff) and here in Greece we say that "a bad dog doesn't die". I'm afraid we are going to live with Windows 10, "telemetry" etc. for a long time... I think that preserving older OSes for VM use (at least) is a good idea.

I have now found the perfect practical example of what is happening.

NT is a plastered wall.

Windows 2000 is first layer of (white, plain) paint applied to it.

Windows XP is a (fancy) second layer of paint.

Vista is a (shocking pink :w00t: ) third layer.

7 is a return to more agreeable (pastel) colours, but is indeed a fourth layer.

8/8.1 are the fifth layer (coming from a decorator under LSD effects ;)).

10 is the sixth layer, just like it happens on real wall, the paint starts to peel off here and there, and if you want to have something acceptable, you need to scrape off until you get to the plaster before reapplying a new paint.

jaclaz