dell latitude d810 audio driver / etc for windows 98SE

cov3rt

so i thought i'd make a separate thread that's more appropriate for troubleshooting / experimenting. what i need is a working audio driver for the dell latitude d810 laptop with windows 98SE installed. dell lists the audio as sigmatel stac 975x ac97 and from my research, the name of the audio device could also be stac 9751? i have tried a few driver packages and none of them worked so far, i also tested a modified one from a forum that someone made for another person but neither way in device manager worked to install it them, either windows could not find a driver for the device or manually selecting it and rebooting would bring a yellow marking on the device. that being said, im still open to driver packages to test out in general because there may be a few i have not tried. 

the hardware id of the audio is listed below -

Hardware ID: VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01861028&REV_03

also not absoluted needed but i also have not found a working driver for the pci card which i believe is a modem, 

i did try two drivers that were detected but when installing, device manager would crash and give an illegal operation error in which i had to remove the device in safe mode, the id is below - 

Hardware ID: VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_542314F1&REV_03

update! sorry to say but the driver is actually not working anymore, the issue appeared after the system crashed running dxdiag where upon reboot, the driver had a yellow marking in device manager with code 10. im gonna see if i can find a older driver as 2007 does seem pretty new and maybe an older one would work more properly / stable.