Anyone still using Windows XP as main OS?

Stefan43

Windows XP is the latest version of Windows that works quickly on my laptop with a Intel Core Duo 2 T7200. Anything newer makes the laptop rather slow, while its still usable Windows 7 w/ all updates caused a very high framerate drop on the game of Minecraft compared to XP considering the laptop isn't even meant for that. Plus I highly doubt Windows XP support in general will evaporate even half as fast as Windows 2000 and 9x.

17 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Windows XP is the latest version of Windows that works quickly on my laptop with a Intel Core Duo 2 T7200. Anything newer makes the laptop rather slow, while its still usable Windows 7 w/ all updates caused a very high framerate drop on the game of Minecraft compared to XP considering the laptop isn't even meant for that. Plus I highly doubt Windows XP support in general will evaporate even half as fast as Windows 2000 and 9x.

NO one can kill legend.

10 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@Stefan43... for the same reason why companies spend a lot of quids for softwares like Adobe Premiere, Final Cut etc instead of downloading a crack. Basically, if you work in a company and you run cracked programs or you use invalid licences, you can be fined up to 100k £ (worse case scenario). By the way, the XP paid support is called "premier support" and you can ask Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftservices/support.aspx

Anyway, despite the fact that we are getting the POSReady updates for free, since the OS is slightly different (it has less functionalities), it would be interesting to know whether Microsoft has released different packages for the premier support compared to the POSReady ones. Think about it. Since in the POSReady version some functionalities are disabled, they can't be used by hackers as "gateway", but what about XP? Besides, it would also be interesting to know whether Microsoft would be interested in keeping the premier support after 2019 or not.

I assume the 100k fine won't happen to us, because we're not in a company and Premier Support is only for a company. :P