Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I found those panels, no problem...

ColorPanels.png

Interestingly, I found the "Show color on taskbar and Start menu" setting off.  Turning it on did not correct a problem where the system auto logs on after bootup up with a gray taskbar.  Logging off then on again does correct that, though.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I used this registry script to load theme atlas, and set blur deviation to zero.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"CustomThemeAtlas"="C:\\Aeroglass\\RoundedCornersSuperEnhanced.png"
"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000000

From what I understand VMWare (I assume you are using that) has only experimental support for Windows 10, so that would probably be the issue.  I tried the taskbar all around with multiple windows open, and minimized, and could not replicate that behavior at all.

Believe it or not after a reboot that problem is now gone for me too.  Maybe they slipped an update in. 

VMware's support for Win 10 is actually pretty good.

I've been refining my theme atlas.  I found some mistakes in it, and I'm trying to set up to handle any active window color, not just blue, but I find it difficult to get quite enough color in the border without pushing the opacity up, and I like things to be mostly translucent.

This works with 10074.  Let me know what you think.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10074/RoundedCorners.png

-Noel

This works much better, but there are no Rounded Corners.

Look closely, they're there in the drop shadow resources, but you may want to set the FrameMargin setting in the DWM key in order for the corners to be proportioned pleasingly.  Values of 2 or 3 seems to work pretty well.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"FrameMargin"=dword:00000003

-Noel

Look closely, they're there in the drop shadow resources, but you may want to set the FrameMargin setting in the DWM key in order for the corners to be proportioned pleasingly.  Values of 2 or 3 seems to work pretty well.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"FrameMargin"=dword:00000003

-Noel

OK, I got them.  Everything is very nice!  Thank you!

Hey Big Muscle,

This version may be causing a memory leak in DWM.

I used Win 10 build 10074 all day yesterday in a fully "immersive" sense (i.e., I ran my VM full-screen across all 3 of my monitors).  I did a bunch of things like run Visual Studio 2015, Beyond Compare, Tortoise Subversion, and other software development activities.  It actually seemed to work pretty well; I never noticed any glitches.

But...

At the end of the day, using the VMware controls I dropped out of 3-monitor mode, then dropped out of full-screen mode and back to the normal 1920 x 1200 pixel mode I usually use, and I noticed I'm no longer getting any blur.  I still have partial transparency, but no blur.  And DWM is holding well over 2 GB of RAM.  The allocation doesn't seem to be attributed directly to DWMGlass.dll or UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll, however.  And I'm not presently running ModernFrame.dll at all.

LossOfBlur.png

I still have the VM running and can keep it this way for some hours as needed...  If you'll suggest the best way to capture a dump I'll be happy to provide one.

-Noel

Sorry, I should have thought of that up front.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/temp/debug.log

I believe it was around 7:30 pm that I exited 3 monitor full-screen mode.

Edit:  VMware just crashed while running the VM, so it's dead and gone now and I can no longer force any crash dumps or anything like that.  I'll probably try running full screen mode again soon as fully immersing myself in the OS is a good way to try to determine if it's acceptable.  I'll report back if it fails similarly again.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

After replacing files from 10074.zip (DWMGlass.dll) and win8cp.png with renamed RoundedCorners.png - all aero effects + buttons works fine on 10074, except Mozilla Firefox 38.

Ok, I understand that command window will be until when debug test ends.

But how to remove watermark from desktop? Simple copying not working.

Where in the registry I can manually replace or add the key from the message?

Edited by Nizaury

to get rid of the watermark you have to generate a key file and paste that into the aeroglass folder as usual, I think. was awhile since I booted my w10