KernelEx 2022 (Kex22) Test Versions (4.22.26.2)

jumper

Drugwash, I commented out the last two variables because they are not being used. Each file should be versioned independently and have its own build comments, however, it is much easier to update one file than three (or four: Kernelex, Kexbasen, Kexbases, Sheet?). I'll put separate version and comment definitions for each in the next version.h.

I don't do batch builds and haven't (knowingly) changed the 4.5.2 workspace file. I also haven't seen any of your source (Cloudme is very difficult to access from Win98se--please provide direct links to files). Do whatever works best for you.

[...]

What I need is a much deeper stack dump, or better yet, an actual stack trace. I'll add debug info to the next build of Kernelex and also a popup with a deeper stack dump at the first null pointer detection in strcmp.

So you plan on going with independent versions for those files? My thought was to keep all files together with a single version so crossversion tests would easily be tracked back to one build or another. But separate definitions for each file would do too.

I have to build all files in a batch in order to build the installer package. You'll probably have to do it yourself at some point if you plan to release new versions officially. The small changes to the two project files would allow this but I'm not absolutely sure the order the core subproject is built does not affect the subsequent projects. Maybe there's no relation.

Would it be a good idea to build and release debug versions of the whole package, that is a Debug installer? Since I'm building both Debug and Release versions of all files at once, I could create a new NSIS script for this. I'm thinking not to have Release versions of the files with Debug features around. Anyway, it's just an idea. EDIT: no need for a separate NSIS script, it works as is by choosing the appropriate item in script's context menu. /EDIT

I'll try to pack the modified files again and upload them with direct links. That's quite difficult for me too since they do not provide an easy way to do it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a better reliable host and after my last one (FileDen) got wiped out and lost all my files, CloudMe was the best I could find. You could install their application in 98SE and connect to my repository, it may be easier to keep track of the updates. I always do the sync from my 98SE using the CloudMe application, although granted it has its quirks.

Edited by Drugwash

changed source files: link

debug installer 4.5.2015.3: link

debug installer checksum: link 27df222abed2315be159a9797c8da1db

CloudMe (repository) seems to work fine on my 98SE under Firefox 9.0.1.

Firefox would instantly crash on start when Kstub822 was enabled in core.ini - disabling it fixed the issue, Firefox runs correctly. This is with official KernelEx 4.5.2, original Kstub822.ini and no iphlpapi4, on my main 98SE machine.

CloudMe (repository) seems to work fine on my 98SE under Firefox 9.0.1.

Hi Drugwash,

in Opera 11.01 (Win98SE Kex 4.5.2),

with User Agent set as Opera, the path http://my.cloudme.com/#drugwash/mytools/KernelEx/KernelEx4520153_diff.7z get me to  http://my.cloudme.com/#drugwash/mytools/

with UA = IE, same thing with no icon displayed

with UA = Firefox, I find myself at  http://my.cloudme.com/#drugwash/mytools/KernelEx/

HTH :)

Yeah, apparently they block direct linking to files. Everything must be accounted for: who downloaded what, when, how many times and so on... Sorry for the inconvenience, guys, I really dunno what else to do and where to go. :(

Not even a picture can be linked to directly. This is madness!

http://my.cloudme.com/#drugwash/myfiles/pics/KexDebugCloudMe.png

Edited by Drugwash

What about dropbox.com:whistle:

They give you 2 GB free.

No install is necessary to share.

...but there is a bunch of others. 

An application is required for synchronisation, if I'm not mistaken. CloudMe's works in 9x with UPX or latest KernelEx, but I don't know about DropBox'. Also, do they allow direct linking?

I've heard about many others but none that keep files indefinitely. And free of charge, of course, because I can't pay for storage. My ISP also doesn't allow me to host files on my own HTTP server, otherwise it would've been a breeze using rejetto's HFS. My connection is at 14-15 kB/s most of the time so it wouldn't be of much use anyway.

I'll leave everything as is, for now. in CloudMe there's an option to download the entire contents of a folder by clicking on Download in the top-right. That should be an acceptable compromise to downloading files one at a time.

Sorry for all the off-topic.

Release.4.7z

4.5.2015.4_source_delta.7z

KernelEx v4.5.2015.4 by jumper2015-01-14Resources: simplified version.h-based update methodPrep: FORWARD_TO support, better ordinal support, output cosmeticsKexcrt: debug messages upon NULL pointer to StrCpy()Kexbasen new: Gdi32:GdiAlphaBlend=>Msimg32:AlphaBlend Gdi32:GdiGradientFill=>Msimg32:GradientFill Gdi32:GdiTransparentBlt=>Msimg32:TransparentBltKexbases stubs: Kernel32:HeapQueryInformation=z5e ;Msvcr100 Ntdll:vDbgPrintExWithPrefix=t5 ;ReactOS 2014-06-11Now working without Kexstubs: Qupzilla 1.1.5 Slimboat 1.1.50 (with QtWebKit4 4.7.4 from Qupzilla 1.1.5)
Edited by jumper

Release 4: Latest Flash Player works with commented out Gdi32 definitions in Kstub822. So far no new problems.

Same here ! I was about to ask if it is safe and recommended to comment these defs out now.

I have tested SeaMonkey 2.7 (from RayFlood) and bookmarks and Flash unfortunately still do not work.

@DougB. Yesterday I have tested MPC-HC and earlier versions seem to work until 1.6.2.4902 !! After that there is only one video renderer available and it seems also to be crippled.

But thank you Jumper !!!!!!!!

Edited by MiKl

@jumper 

Any feedback from Release.0.7z? I really need to hear from the ten who downloaded it.

I configured KernelEX by using the dll files of version KernelEx4.5.12.2.7z and no entry [iPHLPAPI.DLL]GetAdaptersAddresses in the Kstub822.ini to get the mprexe error on windows start. Then I overwrote the three dll files by the files of Release.0. On reboot the error was gone and KernelEX worked.

I configured KernelEX by using the dll files of version KernelEx4.5.12.2.7z and no entry [iPHLPAPI.DLL]GetAdaptersAddresses in the Kstub822.ini to get the mprexe error on windows start. Then I overwrote the three dll files by the files of Release.0. On reboot the error was gone and KernelEX worked.

Confirmed!  Version 4.5.2015.4 DLLs on my system (W98SE, U98SESP 3.37, 98SE2ME, RP 9.72, ...).  But just to see what would happen, i removed the entire [iphlpapi4.dll] section from KStub822.ini... and no MPRExe error!  (Of course, i then re-added the section, and everything's ok.)  

- Doug B.