Update KB2934207 for Windows XP recommended?

Stefan43

Hello,

I reinstalled Windows XP Professional on my PC. I installed all of the updates, except an update that notifies me that support for Windows XP has ended, and another update. After I installed the updates, I installed the POSReady updates, but Windows Update doesn't show me the update that notifies that Windows XP support has ended anymore. Should I install this update from the Microsoft Download Center, or is the update not important?

Of course: the support for POSReady 2009 hasn't ended, therefore that update isn't offered anymore, because MS update thinks you have POSReady 2009. :D

Now, the XP_EoS_UPD - (KB2934207) exists only to annoy the user into abbandoning XP. It does not do anything useful at all.

There's not a single reason in the world for one who has already decided on keeping using XP to install it, IMO. :)

Microsoft must've known that Windows XP was widely accepted and used by the world as I don't remember Microsoft doing something like this before, as to put a nag popup in their update repertoire, but correct me if I'm wrong. Even Windows 2000 didn't get a popup like that since its support ended July of 2010 and I just kept right along using it up to this day. Microsoft would literally have to force a OS self destruction update to install before I stop using it. :D

Edited by Tommy

The 'Cash Cow' has gone on a diet and is not producing milk any more.... thus the 'warning' to buy something new.

As long as the OS works reasonably well, people will continue to use it.  Once the browsers can no longer surf and Office components won't work to read the 'latest and greatest' versions, then the XP machines will start to trundle towards the boneyard, one by one.

They have been touting their wares for ... Well, I remember seeing a pre-release demo of 'Windows' at the SF Computer Fair in the Civic Center back in the last century (1982?).  The successful versions seem to be outnumbered by the dogz.

tom