Get Windows XP x86 to recognize more than 4Gb with PAE?

AnX

The kitchen sink is the 1st piece one must replace, that's for sure!

Nahhh, only if it is an old version, 5.1.2600.5512 or earlier, they were too d@mn thin and leaked ;).

I'd like to know from Dibya how he chose the sys files to replace. I installed win2k3 in a VM some time ago, and I collected all of the sys files there. There are many more than those included in Dibya's addon. Just asking.

Yep :), and my point was (at first sight) that the number of files Dibya "replaced" are already more than those *strictly needed* :unsure:.

jaclaz

Hi, thanks viewing my post there at RyanVM Forum

I have replaced those because few bugs will apear with HSPA modem and RAMDisk due to double buferring.

I have one request from me .

Can anbody make a batch file for me that will add /PAE before /fasdetect to make my addone free of all manual work please

please please

The kitchen sink is the 1st piece one must replace, that's for sure!

Nahhh, only if it is an old version, 5.1.2600.5512 or earlier, they were too d@mn thin and leaked ;).

I have already patched new kerenal from posready 2009 , testing

PLease wait

new greatest version coming soon.

all sys file will make this patch lot free from bugs

Yeah, I knew that. But what I was trying to say is that I found there are way more sys files in a 2k3 installation. This is the complete list:

ac97intc.sysacpiec.sysacpi.sysaec.sysafd.sysamdk6.sysamdk7.sysamdk8.sysasyncmac.sysatapi.sysatmarpc.sysatmarps.sysatmepvc.sysatmlane.sysatmuni.sysaudstub.sysbattc.sysbeep.sysbridge.syscbidf2k.syscdfs.syscdrom.sysclasspnp.sysClusDisk.sysClusNet.sysCmBatt.syscompbatt.syscrcdisk.syscrusoe.sysdfs.sysdiskdump.sysdisk.sysdmboot.sysdmio.sysdmload.sysDMusic.sysdrmkaud.sysdrmk.sysdxapi.sysdxg.sysdxgthk.sysfastfat.sysfdc.sysfips.sysflpydisk.sysfltmgr.sysfs_rec.sysfsvga.sysftdisk.syshidclass.syshidparse.syshidusb.syshttp.sysi8042prt.sysimapi.sysintelide.sysintelppm.sysip6fw.sysipfltdrv.sysipnat.sysipsec.sysisapnp.syskbdclass.syskmixer.sysksecdd.sysks.sysmcd.sysmf.sysmnmdd.sysmodem.sysmouclass.sysmouhid.sysmountmgr.sysmqac.sysmrxdav.sysmrxsmb.sysmsfs.sysmsgpc.sysMSKSSRV.sysMSPCLOCK.sysMSPQM.sysmssmbios.sysmup.sysndis.sysndistapi.sysndisuio.sysndiswan.sysndproxy.sysnetbios.sysnetbt.sysnmnt.sysnpfs.sysntfs.sysnull.sysnwlnkipx.sysnwlnknb.sysnwlnkspx.sysnwrdr.sysoprghdlr.sysp3.sysparport.syspartmgr.sysparvdm.syspciidex.syspci.syspcmcia.syspcntpci5.sysportcls.sysprocessr.syspsched.sysptilink.sysrasacd.sysrasl2tp.sysraspppoe.sysraspptp.sysraspti.sysrawwan.sysrdbss.sysrdpcdd.sysrdpdr.sysrdpwd.sysredbook.sysrmcast.sysrndismp.sysrootmdm.syssacdrv.sysscsiport.syssecdrv.sysserenum.sysserial.syssfloppy.syssfmatalk.syssfmsrv.syssmb.syssmclib.syssonydcam.syssplitter.syssrv.sysstorport.sysstream.sysswenum.sysswmidi.syssysaudio.systape.systcpip6.systcpip.systdi.systdpipe.systdtcp.systermdd.systunmp.sysudfs.sysupdate.sysusb8023.sysusbcamd2.sysusbcamd.sysusbd.sysusbehci.sysusbhub.sysusbintel.sysusbohci.sysusbport.sysVBoxGuest.sysVBoxMouse.sysVBoxSF.sysVBoxVideo.sysvgapnp.sysvga.sysvideoprt.sysvolsnap.syswanarp.syswatchdog.syswdmaud.syswlbs.syswmilib.sysws2ifsl.sys

I have one request from me .

Can anbody make a batch file for me that will add /PAE before /fasdetect to make my addone free of all manual work please

please please

Isn't this the same as this one?

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174955-please-help-me-to-add-make-a-batch-file-to-edit-bootini/

jaclaz

Hi ,personally i failed to modify that .bat file please help me

Possibly you didn't even try, since it is a .cmd and not a .bat :unsure:

However reply on the other thread, and feel free to ask assistance for modifying it :) (assistance does not mean that I will write the batch for you it means that I will try and help you modify it or write a new one).

jaclaz

Possibly you didn't even try, since it is a .cmd and not a .bat :unsure:

However reply on the other thread, and feel free to ask assistance for modifying it :) (assistance does not mean that I will write the batch for you it means that I will try and help you modify it or write a new one).

jaclaz

Where should i add my desired /blabla etc in your .cmd and where can i add drive as %systemdrive%

please help me

@ECHO OFFSETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONSSETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION::> binifix4.cmd::> Small batch to adjust rdisk(z) in BOOT.INI::> by jaclaz::> Will change the Default entry in BOOT.INI on the Drive given as parameter::> USAGE:::> binifix4.cmd [drive]::> ...::> Example:::> binifix4.cmd W:::> ...::> Will change file W:\BOOT.INI::> ...::> If no parameter is given, it will ask for a drive letterIF %1.==. (CALL :USAGE "%~fx0"ECHO Drive has not been specified on command line.ECHO Please Input Drive below:SET /P drive=) ELSE (SET drive=%1)SET drive=%drive:~0,1%:IF NOT EXIST %drive%\nul GOTO :ErrorSET Source=%drive%\BOOT.INISET BOOTTXT=%drive%\BOOT.TXTCLSECHO Drive is: %drive% Source file is: %Source%ECHO.Set /A Counter=0GOTO :backuploop:IncreaseCounters:backuploopSET /A Counter=%Counter%+1IF %Counter%==4 GOTO :Error3Set dest=%drive%\BOOT.00%Counter%CALL :attribs %source%IF NOT EXIST %dest% (Copy /b %source% %dest%>nul) Else (goto :Backuploop)ATTRIB !switches! %source%>nulATTRIB !switches! %dest%>nulFOR /F "tokens=1,* delims==" %%A in (%source%) DO (Call :ClearTrailLeft %%ACall :CleartrailRight %%BIF /I "!Left!"=="default" SET DefaultEntry=!Right!IF "!Left!"=="!DefaultEntry!" SET EntryDesc=!Right!IF /I "!Left!"=="Timeout" SET Timeout=!Right!)FOR %%A IN (DefaultEntry EntryDesc Timeout) DO IF NOT DEFINED %%A CALL :Error0 %%A&GOTO :EOFECHO Default entry is currently:ECHO %DefaultEntry%ECHO.ECHO Description for Default entry is:ECHO %EntryDesc%SET BusType=%DefaultEntry:~0,4%IF %BusType%==scsi SET /A CharOffset=20IF %BusType%==mult SET /A CharOffset=21IF %BusType%==sign SET /A CharOffset=32IF NOT DEFINED CharOffset GOTO :Error1Set /A rdisk=!DefaultEntry:~%CharOffset%,1!IF NOT DEFINED rdisk GOTO :ErrorIF %rdisk%==0 GOTO :Error2SET /A rdisk=%rdisk%-1::Check length of DefaultEntrySet /A Counter=1:Loop1Set DefaultEntryLen=!DefaultEntry:~0,%counter%!IF NOT %DefaultEntryLen%==%DefaultEntry% SET /A Counter=%Counter%+1&GOTO :Loop1Set /A DefaultEntryLen=%Counter%SET EntryHead=!DefaultEntry:~0,%CharOffset%!SET /A CharOffset=%CharOffset%+1SET EntryTail=!DefaultEntry:~%CharOffset%,%DefaultEntryLen%!IF %BusType%==sign CALL :FixSignatureECHO.ECHO New Default entry will be:ECHO %EntryHead%%rdisk%%EntryTail%Call :Olddefault %EntryDesc%ECHO.ECHO.Old one will be added as last entry as follows:ECHO %Olddefault%PAUSEFOR /F "tokens=1,* delims==" %%A in (%source%) DO (Call :ClearTrailLeft %%ACall :CleartrailRight %%BIF NOT "%%A"=="" CALL :WriteEntry)ECHO %DefaultEntry%=%Olddefault%>>%BOOTTXT%SET Confirm=NOECHO.ECHO The new settings have been written to file "%BOOTTXT%":ECHO.ECHO Do you want to overwrite existing %source% with "%BOOTTXT%"?ECHO You need to type "YES" (without quotes and in CAPITAL letters)ECHO to do this, any other value will abort the batch.SET /P Confirm=IF %Confirm%.==YES. GOTO :WriteBootIniGOTO :EOF:FixSignatureSET BackupEntry=%DefaultEntry%SET /A rdisk=%rdisk%+1SET EntryHead=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(GOTO :EOF:ClearTrailLeftSet Left=%*GOTO :EOF:ClearTrailRightSet Right=%*GOTO :EOF:WriteEntryIF /I "!Left!"=="[Boot Loader]" ECHO [Boot Loader]>%BOOTTXT%IF /I "!Left!"=="[Operating Systems]" ECHO [Operating Systems]>>%BOOTTXT%IF /I "!Left!"=="Default" ECHO Default=%EntryHead%%rdisk%%EntryTail%>>%BOOTTXT%IF /I NOT "!Left!"=="Default" IF NOT "!Right!"=="" IF NOT "!Left!"=="!DefaultEntry!" ECHO !Left!=!Right!>>%BOOTTXT%IF "!Left!"=="!DefaultEntry!" ECHO %EntryHead%%rdisk%%EntryTail%=%EntryDesc%>>%BOOTTXT%IF "!Left!"=="!BackupEntry!" ECHO !Left!=(signature) %EntryDesc%>>%BOOTTXT%GOTO :EOF:WriteBootIniCALL :attribs %source%Copy boot.txt %source%del boot.txtATTRIB !switches! %source%>nulGOTO :EOF:attribsSET attribs=%~a1ATTRIB -h -r -s %source%Set IsR=%attribs:~1,1%Set IsH=%attribs:~3,1%Set IsS=%attribs:~4,1%For %%A in (%IsR% %IsH% %IsS%) DO IF NOT "%%A"=="-" SET Switches=!Switches! +%%AGOTO :EOF:OldDefaultSET DescTemp=%1SET DescTemp=%DescTemp:"=%SET OldDefault=!EntryDesc:%DescTemp%=[OLD Default] %Desctemp%!GOTO :EOF:ErrorECHO.ECHO ERRORECHO Parameter %1 is wrong, aborting.PAUSEGOTO :EOF:Error0ECHO.ECHO ERRORECHO Variable %1 has not been set, %source% or a needed entry in it is missing.PAUSEGOTO :EOF:Error1ECHO.ECHO ERRORECHO DefaultEntry is %DefaultEntry%ECHO.ECHO The Default entry in BOOT.INI is NOT of types:ECHO scsi(x)disk(y)rdisk(z)partition(w)\WINDIRECHO multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(z)partition(w)\WINDIRECHO signature(aabbccdd)disk(0)rdisk(z)partition(w)\WINDIRPAUSEGOTO :EOF:Error2ECHO.ECHO ERRORECHO DefaultEntry is %DefaultEntry%ECHO.ECHO The rdisk value is ALREADY 0ECHO You don't want me to set it as -1, don't you?PAUSEGOTO :EOF:Error3ECHO.ECHO ERRORECHO You already have 3 backups of %source%ECHO.ECHO Please delete older ones.ECHO Program aborted.PAUSEGOTO :EOF:USAGEECHO.SET Thisfile=%1IF EXIST %Thisfile% MORE %Thisfile% | FIND "::>"| FIND /V "MORE"GOTO :EOF
Edited by Dibya

Please use codebox next time so the thread dowsn't look cluttered, in addition to ease of anyone wanting to Copy/Paste.

[ code ] thusly [ /code ]

With all above blanks removed it will look like this.

thusly
Thanks.

Please use codebox next time so the thread dowsn't look cluttered, in addition to ease of anyone wanting to Copy/Paste.

[ code ] thusly [ /code ]

With all above blanks removed it will look like this.

thusly
Thanks.

thanks for teaching me :yes:

Any way to forcefully get the server 2003 drivers to stay in xp? Every time i try to copy them over, no matter what, i cant get em to stay put, they are overwritten by the xp ones. I've flushed the dllcache, modded the .cab files, still no avail.

Edited by AnX