Notepad++ stays off screen

Ponch

I see this old post on their board but no answer. When Notepad++ is last open on an external screen, it keeps opening "on that screen" when the screen is not plugged in ...which is quite annoying as I have to guess it's virtually there. I can always fiddle with the Alt key and the arrows but I have to work blindly for a moment. Does anybody know of a fix for that ? I believe I have the last version (6.5.3 from last week) and Win7 (64bits). All other programs do come back to the one and only main screen when undocked.

Edited by Ponch

Hmmm... I've had this "glitch" with nVidia mx400 dual-head (even with FireFox). I always ensure that all screens/windows are back on the Main Monitor before and then close them before shutdown. I suspect it has something to do with the MultiMonitor software? :unsure:

Thanks, I can see it but it doesn"t really solve my problem.

x="-1667" y="25" width="1615" height="802" isMaximized="no"

"RememberLastSession">yes<

I'l leave it like that. Or I could overwrite it with a default config when needed (with a positive value for x).

Also that screen is on a HP USB docking station that does have a driver, I'll see if it makes any difference on the one at the right which is plugged on VGA (but is "only"1280x1024)

Well I was wrong, the left monitor is on VGA and the right side is on (HP) USB. And it seems only the left side is misbehaving.

Strange is that when I pull the plug, it does come back in the center, even if I close the application on the left monitor first, pull the plug and reopen it. The problem shows only when the computer is shut down then unplugged and restarted.