bigmuscle

The best method is to Install updates, then update symbols manually, then restart PC works for me. ;)

I just installed the update then did a restart, the debug window came up and downloaded the symbols but didn't boot to the desktop. I then hit ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager then clicked file, run new task, explorer.exe to get to the desktop. Rebooted then all was good.

The best method is to Install updates, then update symbols manually, then restart PC works for me. ;)

I just installed the update then did a restart, the debug window came up and downloaded the symbols but didn't boot to the desktop. I then hit ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager then clicked file, run new task, explorer.exe to get to the desktop. Rebooted then all was good.

I don't understand your point, Plus i don't have auto download for symbols. ;)

I don't understand your point, Plus i don't have auto download for symbols. ;)

I should've mentioned that I have a donation key therefore the symbols downloaded automatically.

I should've mentioned that I have a donation key therefore the symbols downloaded automatically.

Still it a lot of steps for automatic downloads . :whistle:

Yeah true, I was just sharing my experience with the update for anyone that has the same thing happen to them.

groomp

I think this info

-> Hit ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager then clicked file, run new task, explorer.exe to get to the desktop <-

may help a lot of people who have symbols download automatically, and can't boot to desktop.

IF they would just READ the info on the forum. :w00t:

Edited by ace2

Nothing works for me. I have a license too. The page starts flashing on and off too fast for me to accomplish anything. It keeps saying to retry download DWM or whateve but never does it, so have had to completely uninstall Aeroglass.

I shall have to wait for the next update I guess.

What makes it worse is I'm also not getting any notifications of replies here...!

:thumbdown

Edited by Ex_Brit

It's all very well saying if only people would read the forum...fine, all 40 pages with everyone disagreeing with everyone else?

Sorry but BM needs to update the software to match 8.1 update 1 like he said he would and I'm sure he will eventually.

After all it went out on Windows Update today.

Edited by Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit

The problem is not updating the DWMGlass.dll, it's the symbols, even with the DWMGlass.dll updated you will still need the symbols, and a updated DWMGlass.dll still may fail after windows 8.1 updates, because DWMGlass.dll needs symbols to keep up with the updated files that run aeroglass. :}

Edited by ace2

If you need to manually execute explorer.exe to get into the desktop then the problem is hardly connected with Aero Glass unless you have applied some of those 3rd party scripts/tweaks.

If you need to manually execute explorer.exe to get into the desktop then the problem is hardly connected with Aero Glass unless you have applied some of those 3rd party scripts/tweaks.

No I wasn't reporting a bug with Aero Glass, as I said previously I was merely sharing what happened with my system after the update in case that info is helpful to someone else and no I don't use any third party scripts/tweaks, just Aero Glass.