bigmuscle

I donated 70.00 a few months ago and love the project.  I was going to install on my new laptop today and was willing to donate again but the donations are not working again.  This is a real shame.  I hope we don't have to wait too long yet again because I remember I had to wait a few months ago too because you didn't want people donating back then at some point for some reason.  And dhjohns, what do you mean you are poor and cannot donate?  You can't even spare a single donation? 

When you can live off of $710 per month, then you can critisize.

I donated 70.00 a few months ago and love the project.  I was going to install on my new laptop today and was willing to donate again but the donations are not working again.  This is a real shame.  I hope we don't have to wait too long yet again because I remember I had to wait a few months ago too because you didn't want people donating back then at some point for some reason.  And dhjohns, what do you mean you are poor and cannot donate?  You can't even spare a single donation? 

Donate for a utility which is done in free time mainly for private (education) purposes and for fun, Nothing more.

No Chance, NEVER  :lol:

You will have to check, but you probably are allowed quite a few keys from the one donation.

Do not come down too hard on dhjohns. I and the wife are on disability in the USA and it can be tough to justify some expenses. I have four keys, and I did not donate as much. I would give him one, but I am not sure if BM can do that as it is tied to the email and zip of your PayPal account.

Hang in their dhjohns, you will find a way.

To Ace2, care to share the wisdom without using AeroGlass? Or is it from using Winaero or some other program?

Wolfshadow

Not using WinaeroGlass.exe ;)

Using my own self-made program and regedit tweaks and theme tweaks :lol:

Care to share the wisdom without using AeroGlass ? NO, but I have posted little hints all over this forum :P

Wolfshadow

Not using WinaeroGlass.exe ;)

Using my own self-made program and regedit tweaks and theme tweaks :lol:

Care to share the wisdom without using AeroGlass ? NO, but I have posted little hints all over this forum :P

I would love for you to share with me even privately, as I have installed Windows 8.1 in a VM, and love testing.  The choice is yours, but I really would appreciate it, and would keep it private.

You will have to check, but you probably are allowed quite a few keys from the one donation.

Do not come down too hard on dhjohns. I and the wife are on disability in the USA and it can be tough to justify some expenses. I have four keys, and I did not donate as much. I would give him one, but I am not sure if BM can do that as it is tied to the email and zip of your PayPal account.

Hang in their dhjohns, you will find a way.

To Ace2, care to share the wisdom without using AeroGlass? Or is it from using Winaero or some other program?

You can get as many keys as you want in one donating. When I donated I come up with a price I thought was right and end up getting 6 keys from a single donating.

You can get as many keys as you want in one donating. When I donated I come up with a price I thought was right and end up getting 6 keys from a single donating.

You do realize that that gives you six machines to run AeroGlass on? Each key will be assigned to a machine code and generated for that code.

Six machine codes = six different license files = six different machines.

You do realize that that gives you six machines to run AeroGlass on? Each key will be assigned to a machine code and generated for that code.

pm me with a machine code.

I installed aero glass on the new laptop, then I transferred over the licence key file from my current desktop (in which I have no issues with the program) to the folder on the laptop and the watermark was still there.  I then tried to download the key from the website using the email address, but I can't even download the key from the website anymore.  It says "Temporarily disabled due to internal maintenance".

ace2, on 31 May 2014 - 9:38 PM, said:

nwstorm, on 31 May 2014 - 9:36 PM, said:

I installed aero glass on the new laptop, then I transferred over the licence key file from my current desktop (in which I have no issues with the program) to the folder on the laptop and the watermark was still there.  I then tried to download the key from the website using the email address, but I can't even download the key from the website anymore.  It says "Temporarily disabled due to internal maintenance".

Maybe you should have donated 70.00 to MS FOR Windows 7 or to remove timebomb from Windows 8 Release Preview for you :lol: :lol: :lol::P

Sorry to dhjohns, he's cool.  Don't get me wrong, I think this project is really good and I like the blur on it.  I just can't stand the watermark and popup honestly.  I just hope bigmuscle doesn't take too long to get the donation/ key system working again.  

You talking about removing the blurring? 

I haven't done it, but if I were to want to I'd probably look at the BlurDeviation registry parameter.

BlurDeviation DWORD Standard deviation for Gaussian blur, default = 30 (which means σ = 3.0)

Value 0 results in non-blurred transparency.

-Noel

Sorry, I did not word my sentence correctly.

What I meant by removing borders is to remove the right and left borders. Perhaps the bottom one as well, but basically those two. Leaving titlebar with blur.

I'm asking this because I want to remove said borders whilst keeping glass effect, and the closest thing I've archieved is to hide the blur slightly, but it's there. I tried setting corner radius but obviously that accomplishes something else entirely.

Anyway thanks for answering.

I'm aware of that. I have a desktop and a laptop. With desktop I update the CPU and HDD every now and then. Laptop I ugrade every so often. That why I got few keys. When those run out then I donate to get more. As I cannot stand having watermark and popup nags. For price he is asking is only like a grain of sand.

pm me with a machine code.

I can't do that. Each computer has it own machine code.