bigmuscle

I don't know if this has been answered before but I couldn't find an answer in this topic, so I am asking.

Is there a way to remove glass effect in Windows borders? just make them transparent?

The closest thing to what I want in the program is the round corners registry.

Is it possible? if not, can it be technically added to the next version?

You talking about removing the blurring? 

I haven't done it, but if I were to want to I'd probably look at the BlurDeviation registry parameter.

BlurDeviation DWORD Standard deviation for Gaussian blur, default = 30 (which means σ = 3.0)
Value 0 results in non-blurred transparency.

-Noel

Just send him 10 or 20 Euros and get a key already.  You wasted more than that in time to write your complaint.

It's truly professional quality software, without having an expensive professional marketing and legal department to spoon feed it to dummies.

-Noel

Nobody complains of the software. Its the donation thingy. I would consider to purchase the software but I don´t donate to someone who even tortured his testers with permanent "its my work" notifications as if it isn´t enough to risk the Windows setup by installing unfinished software in favor of the developer, who even destroys the final versions with his notifications and watermarks as if this piece of software wasn´t for the eyes. Maybe he doesn´t like guys who installed his alphas and betas for their own reasons only and destroyed even the finals for that reason but he´s the whiner then :whistle:

Not sure if that's the best way to put it, but you have a point there: This software has primordially aesthetical purposes, thus it's meant for people who, like me, put pride on the way their desktop and operative system look like. So, even if technicnically the program is completely functional without activation, the watermak ruins the entire purpose of beautifying our desktops.

Because of this, for me it's either donating or nothing, meaning that I don't plan to use the app in the future if I can't remove the distacting features of the free version.

Also, BM says that people should not donate just with the purpose of getting activation keys, but as a way to support the projetc. But I think he should keep in mind that, even if that's true, even if people donates to support his project it's mainly because they are hopeful that, at some point, there will be a finished version they and other people can use and not simply because it's a good, noble cause that requires charity.

I don't know if this has been answered before but I couldn't find an answer in this topic, so I am asking.

Is there a way to remove glass effect in Windows borders? just make them transparent?

The closest thing to what I want in the program is the round corners registry.

Is it possible? if not, can it be technically added to the next version?

I think that setting the BlurDeviation key to 0 should do that.

One aspect of the watermark and debug window to be disabled by donation and getting a licensing file is piracy.

Bigmuscle works hard to create this utility/project and it would be a shame to have it plastered all over for free if he handled it differently.

Now he has to find another way to serve all this up which will cost him, so donations will go a long way in helping him with this.

I do web sites and know the cost of hosting, even if you get it for half price for a while, it still is a cost factor.

As far as donations are concerned, the watermark is far better than having the install routine loaded with toolbars, changing your home page, or having it connect to the web to display ads.

Oh, I have no doubt that BM has put a lot of effort on this, and that he ihas the right to market his software in whatever way he wants. In fact, I'm considering to donate as soon as possible. I'm only saying that I kinda disagree with people saying that the free version is completely functional that, while it technically is, it's still virtually useless for many of us.

Edited by Miguel_S

Oh, I have no doubt that BM has put a lot of effort on this, and that he ihas the right to market his software in whatever way he wants. In fact, I'm considering to donate as soon as possible. I'm only saying that I kinda disagree with people saying that the free version is completely functional that, while it technically is, it's still virtually useless for many of us.

WTF you talking about.  It is completely functional.  If you don't like the watermark don't use it.  That doesn't make it non-functional.

WTF you talking about.  It is completely functional.  If you don't like the watermark don't use it.  That doesn't make it non-functional.

Functional or not, an styling up utility that puts extra stuff on your desktop totally loses it's purpose for me. I'd have uninstalled it already but I'm awaiting the donations to be up again and to get some cash on my PP account to dionate.

About the blur, I understand that there's people that prefer not to have blur and make borders completely transparent, but this can be very distracting for some of us to see everything underneath with no distortion at all. The text glow is also useful for dark color schemes, since W8's plain text tends to be hard to see on black/dark borders.

SCRCP1_zps7f8f674d.png

SCRCP2_zps910ee2af.png

Edited by Miguel_S

Blur or no blur, personal choice.  I personally love bigmuscle's program, and will continue to use it!

DWMGlass.dll is excellent, but would be better with all the added sh-t removed. :lol:

I donated 70.00 a few months ago and love the project.  I was going to install on my new laptop today and was willing to donate again but the donations are not working again.  This is a real shame.  I hope we don't have to wait too long yet again because I remember I had to wait a few months ago too because you didn't want people donating back then at some point for some reason.  And dhjohns, what do you mean you are poor and cannot donate?  You can't even spare a single donation? 

Edited by nwstorm