Burning programs

strekship

no, not really. Unless you can manage to achieve some MAJOR overbuurning on some superb combination of high quality cdrs and cd-writers.

However, you can in SOME cases achieve wat you are looking for. The utility from microsoft called CDIMAGE, allows you to create images (*.bin) files, for burining on CDs, that CAN be larger than the normal prescribed 700 mb. How is this done? well, if your compilation (or the stuff u wanna burn) has mulitple instances of the same identical file, CDIMAGE will write that file only ONCE to the image, and in the remaining places it will post the address of this one file.

For example, if you want to create a n-in-1 windows xp cd that containts window xp home, windows xp professional, windows xp mediacenter, etc, under normal circumstances one would think this is impossible, since each of these OS'es is 500+ mb in size. However if you use CDIMAGE, you can achieve this. Since each of these 'flavours' of XP have 60% of the files similar, CDIMAGE will write these common files to the Image only once, and you can fit in many windows onto one CD.

if you need help regarding any specific software your tryin to burn, do let us know.

hope i didnt get too complicated in my explanation

ciaos

i had a 6 in 1 xp spanish cd and it was like 2gigs or something like that...the bottom line, could not burn to a cd.

i mounted the image using daemon tools, then told my burning prog to burn from the mounted drive to the blank cdr....bingo.....fit on a 700mb.

give that mounting image thing a try....it took me a while to figure it out! :))

what you can do is invest in an external HD. I got a 40G Maxtor USB drive for like 100 bucks, and it works like a million bucks. I have been recommending to everyone to get one of these so that they can keep their data on it and be able to blow away the system at any given date and not worry bout the data. Plus the Maxtor requires no installs, it is the full meaning of PNP. U plug and it works. Simple. :)

er.. i have a 320GB RAID array thats internal and dumps all over some slow external drive. Dont see the point,...

Maybe for moving data from machine to machine yeah.. but then 40gb isnt a lot of stuff really is it.