Your favourite BitTorrent Client is...

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

@UTln -- i used to get that same problem. Had a Netgear FA311 Nic in the machine at the time. Its the drivers... they suck.

Swapped that card out for a cheapo Zonet card, spoofed the mac address of the netgear card so i can get online, and presto the cheap and nasty card doesent lock the machine up when traffic gets hectic.

Only good thing with the netgear card is it can be booted over the network, but then as im not likley to be doing remote installs at home i dont miss it.

Try another nic or some other drivers? might be similar issue.

@UTln -- i used to get that same problem. Had a Netgear FA311 Nic in the machine at the time. Its the drivers... they suck.

Swapped that card out for a cheapo Zonet card, spoofed the mac address of the netgear card so i can get online, and presto the cheap and nasty card doesent lock the machine up when traffic gets hectic.

Only good thing with the netgear card is it can be booted over the network, but then as im not likley to be doing remote installs at home i dont miss it.

Try another nic or some other drivers? might be similar issue.

It's the speed of the Internet2 conenction that we have. With a well seeded torrent I can get almost 1G/s up and down.

have you guys done testing on all the clients or this that just the first one you were told to use? I've only test the original client, ABC and Shad0ws (Tornado). I like Tornado the best. Who out there has tested them all and picked the best?

It strike me that still not many people are using Bitcomet.

I use bitcomet and i think it is very good. Light in resources.

However some say it is slow, some say it is fast. Depending on your network config.

I use BitTornado. It's nice with the throttling and all.

We have an Internet2 connection where I go to college also, I have never used Bittorrent there before, but last year I had 2 seperate kazaa downloads going each at around 950 KB/sec.

I go to a seperate branch of my college, and we have an OC-12 and an OC-3 connecting us to the main campus and the Internet2 connection that goes to the main campus and throughout the state to other big colleges.

It's fast :rolleyes::)

• 2 weeks later...