Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

Yes. Ribbon-enabled windows don't go to the theme resource atlas to get the glow effect. I believe it's either coded into the theme code or it gets it from somewhere else (I'm not expert in themes).

The good news is that with Explorer windows you have the address bar right there, so you can train yourself to look inside the Explorer window for that.

Like you, I prefer a dark background.

-Noel

When is the glass reflection supposed to show?

This doesn't work, am I missing something?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"BypassThemeSignature"=dword:00000001
"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000001
"EnableLogging"=dword:00000000
"CustomThemeAtlas"="c:\\\\windows\\\\aeroglass\\\\themes\\\\win8rp.png"
"CustomThemeReflection"="c:\\\\windows\\\\aeroglass\\\\themes\\\\glassreflection1.png"

@ace2 i can't download symbols manually from the server it only copies two file and then gives error files mismatch

EDIT: After few tries i got those three files but now i'm getting this window.

if i try to close it it restarts explorer.exe

attachicon.gifScreenshot (5).jpg

please give a solution

1.Run symbols.cmd As (Admin) UNTIL YOU HAVE dwm.pdb & dwmcore.pdb & uDWM.pdb IN C:\AeroGlass\symbols

2.Make ToggleDesktop.cmd & Copy ToggleDesktop.cmd TO C:\AeroGlass

@echo offcd /d %~dp0TIMEOUT /T 4 >NULStart ToggleDesktop.vbs

3.Make ToggleDesktop.vbs & Copy ToggleDesktop.vbs TO C:\AeroGlass

dim objShellset objShell = CreateObject("shell.application")objShell.ToggleDesktopset objShell = nothing

4.Make ToggleDesktop.reg & Merge

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"Userinit"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\userinit.exe,C:\\AeroGlass\\ToggleDesktop.cmd"

Bro i installed it on other pc it gives error type mismatch for dwncore.pdb &udm.pdb

post-379813-0-50194000-1384598637_thumb. post-379813-0-04010300-1384603445_thumb.

Edited by pushkar

Bro i installed it on other pc it gives error type mismatch for dwncore.pdb &udm.pdb

attachicon.gifUntitled.png attachicon.gifUntitled2.png

The first time I ran the symbols.cmd file in an Admin command prompt, I got:

SYMCHK: dwmcore.dll          FAILED  - dwmcore.pdb mismatched or not found 
I changed the symbols.cmd file to run symcheck with verbose output (add "/v" option, i.e. SYMCHK /r /v), and ran symbols.cmd again and that second time I ran it, it worked (though it had nothing to do with the change I made to that file).

SYMCHK: FAILED files = 0SYMCHK: PASSED + IGNORED files = 3
Edited by m4570d0n

attachicon.gifUntitled.png attachicon.gifUntitled2.png

The first time I ran the symbols.cmd file in an Admin command prompt, I got:

SYMCHK: dwmcore.dll          FAILED  - dwmcore.pdb mismatched or not found 
I changed the symbols.cmd file to run symcheck with verbose output (add "/v" option, i.e. SYMCHK /r /v), and ran symbols.cmd again and that second time I ran it, it worked (though it had nothing to do with the change I made to that file).

SYMCHK: FAILED files = 0SYMCHK: PASSED + IGNORED files = 3

That message just means it couldn't get the file from the server. Keep trying, I needed 3-5 tries to get all of them, don't know why it's like this.

I Added /v parameter but still same result after 15 tries

Edited by pushkar