New HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta K v9 build 20150818

Acheron

Caps_buster, HFSLIP should create the directories if not found. Weird that it doesn't work in your situation.

Anyway, I have worked on a new feature to redirect HFSLIP command output to a file. This was no longer possibly when I rewrote the script to increase the command prompt window height. By specifying OUTPUTFILE in your HFANSWER file all command output is redirected to a textfile. It has helped me to fix some warning messages already, but it can also help you find superseded updates by looking for the "0 files copied" message in the output stream.

Other change in v9 is the renaming of uiautomationcore.dll (KB2564958) and browserchoice.exe (KB976002) to shortname for DOS based installations.

I have created my own fork called HFSLIP 2000 in order to force slipstreaming of XP/2003 updates into Windows 2000 and I wanted to have full control over the process.

Yet, here are some fixes I would suggest to implement:

1. Change

ATTRIB %SOURCESS%\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG -H&DEL/Q/F %SOURCESS%\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG

to

DEL/Q/F/AH "SOURCESS\I386\SETUPREG.HIV*" 2>NULDEL/F "SOURCESS\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG" 2>NUL

The first line removes useless hidden log files created by reg.exe in newer version of Windows and the second one removes the visible LOG file in Windows 2000.

2. Add

:: Check for 7za.exe requirementIF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\7ZA.EXE (    IF "%HostOS%"=="Vista" (        FOR %%I IN (891122 wmfdist) DO (            IF EXIST "HF\*%%I*" (                ECHO You do not have 7za.exe.&ECHO.&ECHO Press any key to close HFSLIP.&PAUSE >NUL&EXIT            )        )    ))

before

CALL :FOLDERPREP

Wmfdist.exe (included in 891122 but can be used separately too) doesn't run in >=Vista at all so you need 7za.exe to unpack it.

3. Change

IF EXIST HF\wmfdist.exe (    SET MPLEVEL=32&ECHO Processing wmfdist.exe...&MD TEMP\WMPCOD&HF\wmfdist.exe /Q /T:"%PREP%\TEMP\WMPCOD" /C    IF EXIST TEMP\setup_wm.exe DEL/Q/F TEMP\WMPCOD\setup_wm.exe    XCOPY/DHY TEMP\WMPCOD TEMP >NUL&RD/Q/S TEMP\WMPCOD)

to

IF EXIST HF\wmfdist.exe (    SET MPLEVEL=32&ECHO Processing wmfdist.exe...&MD TEMP\WMPCOD    IF "%HostOS%"=="Vista" (        >NUL HFTOOLS\7ZA x HF\wmfdist.exe -o"%PREP%TEMP\WMPCOD" -r    ) ELSE (        START/WAIT HF\wmfdist.exe /Q /T:"%PREP%TEMP\WMPCOD" /C    )    IF EXIST TEMP\setup_wm.exe DEL/Q/F TEMP\WMPCOD\setup_wm.exe    XCOPY/DHY TEMP\WMPCOD TEMP >NUL&RD/Q/S TEMP\WMPCOD)

Use 7za.exe to unpack wmfdist.exe in >=Vista. Feel free to modify this part if you can make it simpler.

4. Change

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/VIER "\.SYS \.INF \.ADM \.CHM \.CHQ \.TTF \.HTT \.HLP \.MFL \.MOF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>%SOURCESS%\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

and

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IER "\.TTF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>%SOURCESS%\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,22,0,0

to

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/VIER "\.SYS \.INF \.ADM \.CHM \.CHQ \.TTC \.TTF \.HTT \.HLP \.MFL \.MOF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

and

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IER "\.TTC \.TTF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,22,0,0

to properly slipstream TTC fonts.

Edited by tomasz86

Hi Tomasz86, I have added the changes 2 3 and 4, but I don't understand why you need change 1. I have tested the command on Windows 7 and the only file created by reg.exe is SETUPREG.HIV.LOG.

Hi Tomasz86, I have added the changes 2 3 and 4, but I don't understand why you need change 1. I have tested the command on Windows 7 and the only file created by reg.exe is SETUPREG.HIV.LOG.

I get something like this:

jdcLlLu.png

This happens in Windows 8.1 and 10 for sure (both x86 and x64). The generated number is different in each case. The files have both system and hidden attributes set.

Just to clarify - you must not have any reg.exe in HFTOOLS (or HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32) because HFSLIP will use it instead than the system's one.

Edited by tomasz86

• 3 months later...

Hi Pica, thanks for reporting this. There was a problem downloading attachments from MSFN.org some time ago. I checked the download link after this was fixed and it worked fine at the time, but after you reported the download link was broken I also got the error message. I have reuploaded the zip file and the download link should work again.

If you keep having trouble downloading attachments please report it and I will add a direct download link to my website.

Edited by Acheron

• 1 month later...

I'm working on finding out exactly what features of the HFSLIP 2.0 branch created by Tomcat76 were incorporated into the official HFSLIP version by TommyP.

For this purpose I have examined the HFSLIP changelog and this board to find material. So far I have been able to get copies of HFSLIP 1.7.8, HFSLIP 1.7.9 and latest HFSLIP 2.0 alpha version (June 30, 2008). Tomcat76 published his first alpha on April 28, 2008. I don't know when he started work on his code but I think he branched his version of 1.7.7 or 1.7.8 beta version. Some of his fixes were incorporated into HFSLIP 1.7.8 and 1.7.9.

In that time period lots of different builds were published. I'm interested in any builds from that time period.

There is also some buzz about restricting the use of HFSLIP to non-commercial use only. Older versions of HFSLIP were released as GPL v2 or newer. These versions only had a note that you could use HFSLIP for personal use. It did not restrict the use for other uses (businesses or corporate environments). TommyP released later versions under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.

The problem is that when it comes to restrict running the software for specific purposes only you will have to let users know about the license and have them agree with it. HFSLIP does contain a prompt you have to answer. The problem is that it only asks you to answer if you have read the instructions about using the software. Nowhere is stated that you have to agree with it. I changed the wording to have people read about using HFSLIP to mim0's site, as the original website is no more and it's content was never archived by archive.org.

So anyone can basically run the software for any purpose as the developer does not request you to agree with it.

Edited by Acheron

• 2 weeks later...

I have changed the first post as it listed under features that my modified HFSLIP supports integrating OnePiece IE8 Addon. That is not the case!

My version only supports running HFSLIP after integrating OnePiece IE8 Addon using RVM Integrator 1.6.1 beta 2.1
 (older versions may work, but I only tested this version as it is the latest and contains the least amount of bugs)

Edited by Acheron

• 2 months later...

Windows Update Agent v7.6.7601.19161

Added new version addon

Windows-KB890830-V5.32.exe
0 dosya kopyalandı

MRT integrate && not integrate 

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Edited by rulman

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2013 at 10:35 AM, Acheron said:

Recently I have posted a number of fixes for you to test.
Please report your testing results here.

Changelog:

Jun 11, 2013 - Remove redundant START /WAIT commands. Add OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 Addon support. Fix integrating KB942288, KB961118 catalog files.  Support changing temporary SOURCESS folder path through answer file. Miscellanous changes and code fixes. Beta KJun 17, 2013 - Extract Windows Media Player 11 files to TEMP\WMP11 folder. Fix default SOURCESS path. Fix copying all files without exclude.txt Beta K v2Jun 27, 2013 - Increased command prompt screen buffer and window height. Changed project documentation urls to Mim0s site and updated MSFN forum links.  Prevent deletion of project files when SOURCESS path is set to the HFSLIP directory. Added support for updating uncompressed sysoc.inf.  Removed OS checks when integrating Windows Installer 4.5. Thx to tomasz86.  Changed Addon extraction code to fix short name issues. Also thx to tomasz86 for reporting and fixing this. Beta K v3Sep 01, 2013 - Merge a few lines from HFSLIP 2.0 branch. Only delete TEMP folder content, not the folder itself. Beta K v4Feb 23, 2014 - Block integration of WUDF 1.7 (WMP11) if found in source. Add support for integrating KB2878379. Beta K v5Feb 27, 2014 - Simplify file registration code and move commands from generated HFSLIP.cmd to HFSLIPWU.INF. Beta K v6Jun 25, 2015 - Fix HFSLIPSVC variable is used before declaration issue. Thx to Jakson and tomasz86. Beta K v7Aug 01, 2015 - Improve slipstreaming of Internet Explorer 8 files with long names. Beta K v8Aug 15, 2015 - Enable redirecting of HFSLIP command output by specifying OUTPUTFILE in answerfile.    Use PEChecksum instead of modifyPE on Windows Vista and higher. Fix integrating xpsp4res.dll. Beta K v9

hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v9.zip

Anyone have a backup of the tool? :whistle:

The attachment gives the 500 internal error when trying to download.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 1:30 AM, Maxfutur said:

Anyone have a backup of the tool? :whistle:

The attachment gives the 500 internal error when trying to download.

don't know if you're still having the issue but it works now for me. Xper fixed the download issue a while ago

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 10:19 PM, i430VX said:

don't know if you're still having the issue but it works now for me. Xper fixed the download issue a while ago

Thanks

I had no issues downloading today.

• 2 years later...

I try use hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v9.zip with Windows 2000 SP4.

I download updates from https://twilczynski.com/windows/archive/ (mega.nz). - https://mega.nz/folder/2lBVBBLI#WqmqhpxuX0qyCY1LiX4-gw 

I replace old HFSLIP2000-1.0.2.CMD with new hfslip-1.7.10.cmd.

(and I replace *ENU* hotfix files to my Windows 2000 Localization, if it' exists in mega.nz archive.)
I found in directory \hfslip\HF\ some files with XP-name (2003-name) like WindowsServer2003-KB968006-x86*, WindowsXP-KB906569-v2-x86*, WindowsXP-KB940350-v2-x86-RUS*, WindowsXP-KB3198218-x86-Embedded*, etc.

The question is: Is that files needs for update Windows 2000 SP4 or not?

If not, and this files used for update XP/2003, why this archive not includes IE8 for XP, for example?

I see, the script hfslip-1.7.10.cmd unpack WindowsXP-updates, than delete unpaked directory like TEMP\SP3GDR\, TEMP\SP3QFE\, TEMP\SP2QFE\ with files-for-update and as result, nothing files was updated. And line "XCOPY/DEHY TEMP WORK\I386E" copy 0 files.
I think, XP/2003 updates files was placed, because it's may work fine in Windows 2000, but it is never integrates to distributive. And as I see, this updates never used in any case: nor for 2000, nor for XP, nor for 2003.

The answer is - Yes. The script version 1.0.2 from mega.nz has extra code to integrate some suitable WindowsXP/2003/Embedded updates to Windows 2000.

I merged code from branch 1.0.2 of HFSLIP2000 project (dated 2016) to hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v9 (dated 2015) and new version 1.7 now integrates XP/2003 updates to Windows 2000 without problem and works fine in Windows 7 SP1 x86.

I found some bugs in 1.7.10, at least when run script on Windows 7 to build Windows 2000 distributive and fixed it. I need some time for tests.

Edited by evgnb