Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Just like everyone else, have a nearly vanilla build of Windows 8 Pro x64 (without updates) with only VS2012 Express installed for the runtimes in VMWare Workstation 9.0.1, and running the program gives me a black screen, even with disabled UAC via CMD. Why does Windows 8's DWM have to be unbelievely unstable??? I hope this issue is resolved soon since I have hope this will be a quality program once finished. :)

Edited by wango911

Maybe a repackage could be done? You can actually copy the requried VC runtime files into the program folder, you don't need to install the actual debug runtime on your system.

That said, I tried it out and it did nothing! No black screen, no error messages either. It just came up with the message that it was a test, and once I clicked okay the screen went blank for a fraction of a second, but when it came back up there wasn't any chance.

Is there anyone who could run it? (and please do not complain about missing DLLs, this is only developer preview which requires to have debugging runtime installed). I have checked the code and do not understand why it should end up with the black screen :-(

Is there anyone who could run it? (and please do not complain about missing DLLs, this is only developer preview which requires to have debugging runtime installed). I have checked the code and do not understand why it should end up with the black screen :-(

I can run it without error or log being produced but nothing at all happens :-/