Need an original (unmodified) Windows 95 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk image

5247846, I have to say people here are even too polite. I can gather that from the link jaclaz posted in #16 and your request for someone here to buy a floppy and send you the image! I am astounded how a moderator has not closed this topic yet.

People can only be helped if they want to be helped, and you've pretty much been helped as much as possible.

By the way, if this thing 5247846 does actually works, can anyone buy me a Windows 7 Professional x64 and send me the image and the product key?

Thank you in advance :wub:

@jaclaz

They're counterfeited and I like genuine goods.

But thanks anyway!

-Javier Donoso

Well, first thing it is NOT "counterfeited". :realmad:

As said, it is perfectly normal to change the DRVCOPY.INF to point to a new, different driver.

This is actually WHY DRVCOPY.INF is there in the first place.

See contents of CONFIG.SYS:

DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS
BUFFERS=20
FILES=60

REM ==============
REM OEM Notes - remove these remarks before shipping to customers.
REM - You need to include the correct CD driver information for your
REM IDE or SCSI CDROM Drivers below.
REM - You must modify Autoexec.bat and DRVCOPY.INF also.
REM ==============

;DEVICE=SAMPLE.SYS /D:OEMCD001
DEVICE=TEAC_CDI.SYS /D:TEAC-CDI /P:S

In other words, the actual floppy that MS sent to the OEM did use a "dummy" driver, "SAMPLE.SYS" and it was up to the OEM to replace it with the appropriate driver for the particular hardware the machine was shipped with.

If you prefer, an OEM floppy with DRVCOPY.INF and SAMPLE.SYS dated July 11 1995, 9:50 AM was NEVER released to a customer.

Second thing if you like "genuine goods" you should PAY for them (instead of begging for them). :whistle: and get a "real" floppy and NOT an image, which is "counterfeited" ANYWAY. :ph34r:

Rest assured that from your behaviour on this and on other boards where you issued this or similar requests I do know that the above will be perfectly unuseful as you simply refuse to listen and understand, but I feel it was needed anyway, compare with the But ... then, why? in my signature, also available here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/dukhat-on-foolishness.html

jaclaz

Hey, I have an idea...

"Un-alter" the OEM-altered one, back date the Created/modified dates, make a BIN (or whatever) image, post it in an innocuous place, then give said OP the link. Happy now?

Get real! You've repeatedly been told that it's an OEM thing. It should have been obvious with the AUTOEXEC.BAT line "running" OEMSETUP.

I'd offer to sell you that "image" but it's (OMG!) against MSFN rules. (DUH!) Heck, I even have an original Gateway "Universal Boot".- Here ya go - an image just for you!

(sorry, guys, this thread kinda frazzled my beanie... I agree should be closed.)post-72994-0-60148800-1307313173_thumb.j

I am astounded how a moderator has not closed this topic yet.

Don't be. It's been a funny ride! But now, enough is enough.

@5247846: Please do take your wild goose chase elsewhere. MSFN is not the place for it.