Xp Sucksssssss

tom

I bought XP 2 months ago and I still cant play a simple game. I have bin online with microsofts so called pros for over a month and they dont know anything, they had my pc so screwed up that I had to reinstall XP 3 times. THIS s*** SUCKS!!! I cant even get my $200.00 back.

i've been running XP Pro for about 5-6 months.

i've had a couple of problems with older games and run them under compatibility mode without any more probs.

i think it's great,(for what it's worth) i'm not alone in thinking this either:crowd :beer

if games wont work at all blame your hardware or the xp drivers for them :S

any games i tried under xp work fine.

but i dont use xp much i love win2k pro :)

btw what games have u tried that dont work?

was they games designed for 9x os? (youll be suprised how many games run poor or not at all on 2k/xp)

do they work under win2k? if they work under 2k they should work in xp

I would have to concer with Elite. Xp handles games in my option alot better than any other OS, but unless you start at the base of the actual promblem then you would be in the same mind frame as most by blaming XP. You should first research your hardware and make sure you Vid card has all the lastest drivers.

Not to mention depending on the games your trying alot if not all older games wont work. You cant expect a DOS game to work on XP. Kindly list the games and your hardware profile along with the drivers your currently using this will allow us to assist you in finding the solution to your promblem. Take care

-XPerties

xp does handle games better than any other os i have tried it is stable as. and all the games i have tried work perfectly with no problems at all. [/quote:0a4ff0d6c8]

I'm with jay on this.. every game i tried works perfectly :cool:

Tom,you could dual boot with win2k or win98se so you can have the stability of xp and use those older games on win9x.I agree with others here that you can run under it's compatability mode and to have the latest drivers installed.However some older win9x games will not work no matter what you do,hence the dual boot best of both worlds method.Eventually software will catch up,and then there will be a new (64 bit) operating system to contend with......................good luck................zipp

XP is awsome for gaming Ive never had any problems playing games. Its the same as all the other O/S game wise, you must have something else thats causing the prob cause it aint the O/S:cool:

Its the mindset. I run almost all games on xp, either just install them and run them or for older ones I use compatability mode. (most not all). As in life, software is just a series of accomodations. Overall, xp is the bomb, I cannot ever consider using a 9x based os again, havent in 4 years.:blueteam