WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

JFX, thank you for advise, i will not merge. :) I thing it will be better to remove my other tools.

By fact the only interesting thing in my Helper is DiskPartAsc. It can be used as separated tool befor use WinNTSetup

WinNTSetup must be used only as ist in original tool.

16OauRH.png

Edited by dimo70

I'm still somewhat confused how the BIOS option ALL in WinNTSetup is supposed to work. When I boot a VHD from a USB stick and run powershell $env:firmware_type It always returns 'Legacy' when running on my Thinkpad that has CSM support for both UEFI and BIOS. Apparently setting ALL still boots in BIOS mode. If I set the BIOS for the Thinkpad  to UEFI only, the VHD won't boot. What else needs to be done or toggled with WinNTSetup so either  mode for booting will work?

Edited by click-click

2 hours ago, click-click said:

I'm still somewhat confused how the BIOS option ALL in WinNTSetup is supposed to work.

The "ALL" is just passed to bcdboot.exe, which than creates BIOS and UEFI boot files.
If it does not boot in UEFI mode, than either the boot partition is ignored (maybe it's NTFS) 
or the UEFI is a bit picky and does not look for the EFI boot loader on a MBR disk.

If the UEFI allows it, try to start the loader manually: \EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi

@dimo70
Yes just use WinNTSetup to apply the backuped WIM, it will change drive letter assignment and create a new boot entry.