WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

On 7/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, Google2023 said:

Refs 3.10?

Is there any problem? You need at least build 25324 as host and source to install.

During this error display there should be a log file: %Temp%\WinNTSetup\Logs\wimgapi_error.log

Maybe better to switch to wimlib with (Ctrl + Shift + W) and see if it can apply the WIM.

No, i should be OK, wimlib is recommended library for creating a WIM file.

Just wonder why wimgapi has a trouble with that WIM. Never had any compatibly problems.
Expect the LZMS WIM/ESD created by earlier version of WinNTSetup, but they would cause a crash or freeze of the program.

I create an empty VHD, turn off indexing in the disk properties, then deploy wim to VHD and indexing turns on by itself.
Where in the WinNTSetup settings to disable disk indexing? Thank you.

There is no option. Disk index is a file property, thus it is saved inside the WIM file.
Maybe, I can alter the attributes during apply.

But has this disk indexing setting still any effect since Vista?

Indexing in all SSD setup instructions is advised to be disabled in the disk properties tab

Although it is possible to disable the indexing service enough, this checkbox in the disk properties will still remain. Better not to have it.

Edited by sakatgg

10 hours ago, JFX said:

Thanks, it looks good :thumbup

One thing, if I use "UEFI original Script" it ends up selecting the MSR partition as boot drive.

А, ill repair that, thanks.

There is some errors cause version is beta. Try UEFI Simple Script is working fine. Original will be repaired. English version is incomplete at this time.

Edited by dimo70