WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

During setup or during WinNTSetup ?
In case WinNTSetup update the bootsector, it will be logged in the logfile.

I tried with Terabyle MBR.exe utlility, that add Press F?? Key boot option. Works with NT6.x installs.

During WinNTSetup. It happens at the very end after the updating boot code message. The yellow ball then turns green. I can't find a log file. Is it supposed to be on the drive where the system is installed?

If you have a binary compare app, I can send you the before and after versions of the MBR  I'm not sure if the mbr exe uses the same amount of code for the MBR like Bootit Bare Metal.

Edited by click-click

3 hours ago, JFX said:

Log file is in the ?:\Windows\WinNTSetup.log.
How you disable the bootsector update, command line or ini file?

From the drop-down in the GUI (do not update boot code). Did not know there was an ini entry or cmdline parm for that. I must have missed the discussion about it. What is the ini entry supposed to be?

I see BootSect=2 after I updated to the newer .ini

WinNTSetup.log

Edited by click-click

I'm back in business now. I don't know what happened the last time when my MBR was overwritten. Maybe I unknowingly used the old version. This time the yellow ball stayed yellow. Sorry for the confusion

BTW, what is the ini setting for /nobootsect ?

WinNTSetup.log

Edited by click-click

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sergei,

The name comes from the XML of the WIM file.
<DISPLAYNAME> is used. If this does not exists than <Name> is used.

See: imagex -info wimfile.wim

Edited by JFX

• 2 weeks later...

@JFX:

I always use WinNTsetup. I don't never use (and liked) Windows Setup (Boot.Wim). Thank you for your efforts and updates.

I have a few notes.

1) WinNTSetup_x86.exe's v3.8.7.4 gives that error: "An internal error occurred in the Win32 x86 emulation subsystem."
For technic details is here. I keep to installs lastest the Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) by Burdafel.
Actually no need WinNTSetup_x86.exe for me when running in win10 x64. It's works all Win7 PE.
Still, I just wanted to you informed. Because WinNTSetup_x86.exe's version 3.8.7.0 working without this WOW error given in Win10-x64-(v1607). Strange.

2) In Command lines options unlisted -noapply

3) First Suggestion: I know, The WinNTsetup's ChangeLog contained description in the RAR package. But only there. I recommends you that created new folder (for example: Documents) in the RAR package. And can be added Changelog.txt/History.txt in Documents folder? Also WinNTsetup's full command-lines as file in again this folder(CommandLines.txt)?

4) Second Suggestion: WinNTsetup opens the Format feature from "F" button. I would recommend a new button next to it: "Only Delete Windows Folders". I prepared (and using) this batch file (of course it lazy coding and can made more optimization, like you masters). So, No need format to disc/partition. Thus it's enough to extract files from WIM file.

I'm sorry, my bad English.
Regards...

Edited by ilkertezcan
Correcting

Hi ilkertezcan,

1) It's no bug, I'm going to remove support for WinNTSetup_x86.exe running on x64 OS.
Reason: There are some API's that can not work in WoW64 emulation,
I though i could find a good solution, but it would just makes thinks to complicated.

Also there is an faster x64 version available, don't know why sp many people want to run the x86 version.

2) Good, will add it to help.

4) Not so sure I like to add that.

Edited by JFX