Opera 10.7 Install

EdR

Has anyone tried Opera 10.7 on a Win98 system that is is not modified. The problem was fixed on 10.62 and it will run fine but have not seen or heard if there is a problem with 10.7.

Thanks

I can run the current 10.70 build 9050. I thought I'd give it a try and bingo! :thumbup

There are two ways to run it. Using the old OUniAnsi.dll which is not bundled anymore and putting opera.dll in Win2k compat mode or putting opera.exe in Win2k compat mode.

There are a few relatively minor cosmetic issues not present with build 3488 and none of the two above ways of running the app seems to make a difference about them.

Other than that it seems to run fast and stable.

Unsure if it's because opera fixed the Win2k compatibility issues previous builds were suffering from or because of KernelEx RC4 or both but anyway the latest devellopement build runs again with no major issues that I can see so far. :thumbup

(I have made this post with it btw)

Edit: Unfortunately it systematically crashes on trying to save files and no KernelEx setting I can find that fixes that. :no:

Edited by loblo

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Opera 10.7 on a Win98 system that is is not modified. The problem was fixed on 10.62 and it will run fine but have not seen or heard if there is a problem with 10.7.

Thanks

Opera 7 not stable for win98 Buggy give them time to work out the bugs

Opera 11 is in the works but not stable for win98 Buggy But have to give them time to work out the bugs

Ok I'll Start up my Opera

it a 10.62

Build 3500

Platform Win32

System Windows 98

Opera/9.80(Windows 98, U, en)Presto/2.6.30 Version/10.62

Ok time is to update to 10.63 not Opera 10.7

Exit Opera

Audio updating started

Opera 10.63 Started

Build 3516

Platform Win32

System Windows 98

Opera/9.80(Windows 98, U, en)Presto/2.6.30 Version/10.63

Running good!

And it will run without KernelEx

Edited by hottext

I have a running Opera 10.63, as well. It was a direct upgrade from 9.27. I do have a KernelEX installed on this computer. But, I did not tested if 10.63 is running without the KernelEX support.

Obserwations, so far:

1) I'm running the Opera on 9" 1024x600 Asus EEE PC. I had to increase the font size because it is difficult to see anything with so small screen. Apparently, the many dialog boxes in Opera 10.63 are exceeding the screen bounds in such a case. There were no such problems with Opera 9.27.

2) The Opera 10.63 started to give me strange "I'm alive" pages, instead of the proper ones. The effect was happening after opening Opera with saved previous session. The workaround is to turn Opera Turbo function on. After refreshing the page everything started to work correctly.

3) I had a problem with crashes after closing Opera 9.27. It was reletad to browser file cache, probably. There are no such problems with 10.63.

4) There are some strange effects related to pages with password access. After entering the correct password, the same password entry page gets displayed. In case of the pages with the cookie authentication it is enough to click another link. Clearly, the password has been accepted, and the cookie was received, but the browser does not go to the next page by itself. It displays the same password entry page instead. I've noticed something like that on Windows XP, as well. The problem is somehow related to the page link cache, probably.

4) There are some strange effects related to pages with password access. After entering the correct password, the same password entry page gets displayed. In case of the pages with the cookie authentication it is enough to click another link. Clearly, the password has been accepted, and the cookie was received, but the browser does not go to the next page by itself. It displays the same password entry page instead. I've noticed something like that on Windows XP, as well. The problem is somehow related to the page link cache, probably.

I had such problems with login to this forum even before - with Opera 10.0. This is the only reason why I still keep my Firefox 2 on Win 98 PC together with Opera even though my lack of HDD space. :)

As a test I tried an install of 10.7 with the classic installer just a day or so ago and got a message from the installer to update the operating system.......and it then stopped......

Ed.R.

I had such problems with login to this forum even before - with Opera 10.0. This is the only reason why I still keep my Firefox 2 on Win 98 PC together with Opera even though my lack of HDD space. :)

Opera 10.x (currently running 10.63) is fast and works well in Win98 but it is very flaky and quirky with saved passwords/log-in data. Luckily it's not a showstopper but it is annoying.

Examples:

* Continues to ask for new log-in/password for some websites even after saving log-in data multiple times for those sites.

* Does not display dialog for saving log-in/password for some websites.

Edited by Prozactive

• 2 months later...

hey guys. The final release of Opera 11 is out:

http://www.opera.com/browser/download/?os=windows&ver=11.00&local=y

Opera 10.x (currently running 10.63) is fast and works well in Win98 but it is very flaky and quirky with saved passwords/log-in data. Luckily it's not a showstopper but it is annoying.

Examples:

* Continues to ask for new log-in/password for some websites even after saving log-in data multiple times for those sites.

one good reason why I have disabled Opera's ability to save login passwords. maybe this is fixed in version 11.

Opera 10.x (currently running 10.63) ... is very flaky and quirky with saved passwords/log-in data.

Examples:

No, Opera 11 gives the same experience with password saving.

Sorry,

but I never had such problems with Opera 10 (all versions) or Opera 11. :angel

Have you try to delete the 'wand.dat' file (maybe after a backup) and start to register from the beginning?

Edited by CharlesF