Burning Bootable Iso's

COKEDUDEUSF

What is everyone's favorite program for Burning Bootable Iso's? Imgburn has been my favorite program for a long long time, but it is really p***ing me off that it completely ignores me when I give it a write speed. I tell it to burn at 4x but it burns at 24x for some unknown reason.

May I point out that any given ISO burning software will only successfully burn at the media's rated speeds? If it states "multispeed up to n-X" the "n" is not a "cover-all" and may or may not work. I use DVDInfo (other freeware probably available) which detects rated speeds and don't even bother attempting to burn at any other speeds.

Just an FYI...

it completely ignores me when I give it a write speed. I tell it to burn at 4x but it burns at 24x for some unknown reason.

I've had no such issue with it myself. Then again, we don't know which version of imgburn you're using, which OS it's running on top of (they offer different methods to write to a disc), which particular I/O interface you have selected in imgburn, which writer you're using, etc so there's a lot of factors involved.

Then again, good ol' Nero still works great too, and in Win7 (don't recall about Vista) I know if you select the ISO in explorer, there's a burn button up in the toolbar.

I'm currently using oscdimg.exe from the WAIK to make bootable ISOs, and then the inbox Win7 tool to burn them. Since pretty much every bootable disc I make is for some sort of install of Windows, it seems to be the easiest way to do it and be sure it works.