RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

wimgapi can't able to mount the image. Did u used vlite or vista waik imagex after Win 7 waik installed?

Nope nothing. Installed win7 x64 from the ISO i mentioned into VirtualBox (maybe that could be a problem..?), installed your tool, started it and pointed it to the source on the ISO. After it is done copying it local i get that message.

Just tested another ISO (7600.16384.090710-1945_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso) same problem.

Manually mounting the install.wim using C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe works fine.

Don't test rt 7 lite in virtual...

Edited by bensam56

What is the problem about running it in a virtual machine? It seems to work using Vmware.

Got an exception at the "remove components" stage:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "c:\users\user\appdata\local\te" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.permanentlyRemove() in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 45335
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3237
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi ben

this is the problem

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/142382-rt-seven-lite-beta-build-108/page__view__findpost__p__928491

Error in version 1.0.8

I have just once the new version 1.0.8 (32bit and 64bit tested).

Old version I have previously uninstalled.

It comes at me with Win 7 x86 as well as in Win x64 7 after mount the image the following error message:

post-245271-127697053504_thumb.jpg

someone has an idea why the errors come from?

beatmaster

Other people on Win-Lite.de have the same problem. But under a virtual machine this error not comes.

i don`t understand this error

beatmaster

What is the problem about running it in a virtual machine? It seems to work using Vmware.

Got an exception at the "remove components" stage:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "c:\users\user\appdata\local\te" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.permanentlyRemove() in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 45335
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3237
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just see about this exception in previous page. This is due to Tablet PC removal. Its a small mistake i made while saving the project. Actually i debugged it from previous build but during compilation its reverted.

Working fine so far having TabletPC not removed.

One thing i couldn't figure out so far: What to do to enable themes?

Themes always show up but they are greyed out. Both the aero themes but also the "Windows 7 Basic" theme.

Working fine so far having TabletPC not removed.

One thing i couldn't figure out so far: What to do to enable themes?

Themes always show up but they are greyed out. Both the aero themes but also the "Windows 7 Basic" theme.

Post your lastSession.ini

You'll find it in the root directory of the rt7 lite program folder. You can attach it to a post.

Alright got the theme part figured out.

I've been starting from the advanced template and only enabled a few minor things, see Lastsession.inf.

ISO size: 1,72 GB (1.852.082.176 Bytes)

The installation consumes:

post-291600-12771430595_thumb.jpg

The only thing i integrated besides a couple windows updates are the All-In-One Runtimes (sereby.org)

Is it possible that the integrated updates causing both the installation and the ISO to take so much space?

Alright got the theme part figured out.

I've been starting from the advanced template and only enabled a few minor things, see Lastsession.inf.

ISO size: 1,72 GB (1.852.082.176 Bytes)

Is it possible that the integrated updates causing both the installation and the ISO to take so much space?

Actually, a 1.72GB .iso is as small an x64 .iso as you are ever likely to get without some serious voodoo. The smallest W7 x64 .iso I was ever able to obtain with Vlite was around 2.1GB with integrated updates and drivers with DismTool before hand.

I managed to get a 1.65gb iso with RT7 lite, but the end result was not practical, as a good deal of my apps require 3.5 .NET. The advanced option is probably impractical for *most* users. Winsxs cache removal should probably be a hidden option, as per Vlite, as it's only going to mess with most users. But just my opinion.

Edited by Bilar Crais