The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

missing (S): HF\msxml4-KB954430-NLD.EXE (MS08-069: XML Core Services (MSXML4))

KB954430 is not available in dutch.

only in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.

Just like KB973685 (which shows me the correct ENU version)

Edited by Glowy

KB954430 is not available in dutch.

only in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.

Just like KB973685 (which shows me the correct ENU version)

Hi Glowy,

THX for reporting this!!! :)

Mimo

unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB958469-x86-PLK.exe

Hmm... is this really missing? In the Bulletin Article says it's for RDP 5.2 but SP3 includes RDP 6.1. Is 5.2 also in a system with SP3? I will check it.

Strange, in my ISO from MSDN I have RDP 5.1 :blink:

Hmm... is this really missing? In the Bulletin Article says it's for RDP 5.2 but SP3 includes RDP 6.1. Is 5.2 also in a system with SP3? I will check it.

Is your ISO from MSDN XP w/o any SP? But with SP3 your version of RDP should be 6.1 (either included in the ISO/source or via slipstreaming of KB936929).

Is your source XP w/o any SP?

Mimo

Is your ISO from MSDN XP w/o any SP? But with SP3 your version of RDP should be 6.1 (either included in the ISO/source or via slipstreaming of KB936929).

Is your source XP w/o any SP?

Mimo

My ISO is XP SP3 VLK from MSDN.

Edited by Parseus

My ISO is with SP3 integrated by Microsoft.
Such an ISO I do also have. Magic. I installed this plain ISO to check whats inside and I have RDP 6.1. Do you understand this?

---

I've checked the plain XP/SP3 again --> RDP 6.1 :rolleyes:

Looked into KB958469 under KB offer matrix based on the RDC version and platforms it seems that are different "Windows with SP3"-versions available. If I understand that right.

Probably depending on the language?

Very funny...

For the file-checker I thought RDP is already included. Wht's the truth now???? :D

Edited by Mim0

My ISO is with SP3 integrated by Microsoft.
Such an ISO I do also have. Magic. I installed this plain ISO to check whats inside and I have RDP 6.1. Do you understand this?

---

I've checked the plain XP/SP3 again --> RDP 6.1 :rolleyes:

Looked into KB958469 under KB offer matrix based on the RDC version and platforms it seems that are different "Windows with SP3"-versions available. If I understand that right.

Probably depending on the language?

Very funny...

For the file-checker I thought RDP is already included. Wht's the truth now???? :D

I have VLK version, maybe that's the problem??

I don't think so. I've also a XP-SP3-ISO from MSDN (VLK).

I don't know what I should think about it... Why MS released two different versions of XP SP3?

I don't know what I should think about it... Why MS released two different versions of XP SP3?

Do you understand the table under KB offer matrix based on the RDC version and platforms in the KB-article ?

Do you understand the table under KB offer matrix based on the RDC version and platforms in the KB-article ?

I understand that table - I've just thinking about that strange situation.

I understand that table - I've just thinking about that strange situation.
I'm thinking about to add support for RDP 5 in the file-checker.

Can you post a snapshot of the about-window of your Remote Desktop Connection? (something like this here from -X-)

Mimo

Edited by Mim0

I noticed something new about my RDC - on ISO mstsc.exe have version 5.1.2600.0, but after installation it has version 6.0.6001.18000 :blink:

EDIT: I found on ISO that second mstsc.exe is a lhmstsc.ex_, so in fact I have two versions on ISO - 5.1 and 6.0 :D

Edited by Parseus

I noticed something new about my RDC - on ISO mstsc.exe have version 5.1.2600.0, but after installation it has version 6.0.6001.18000 :blink:

EDIT: I found on ISO that second mstsc.exe is a lhmstsc.ex_, so in fact I have two versions on ISO - 5.1 and 6.0 :D

And if you install it you see shell-version 6.0 with protocoll version 6.1?

If so, all is good and no new option is needed. But I added some lines for RDC5 in the file-checker to report these updates (at the moment only KB958469) as "wrong" instead of "unknown" :D

Edited by Mim0

And if you install it you see shell-version 6.0 with protocoll version 6.1?

If so, all is good and no new option is needed. But I added some lines for RDC5 in the file-checker to report these updates (at the moment only KB958469) as "wrong" instead of "unknown" :D

Yeah, I see exactly that version :)