Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Hi Steven. I just installed the latest version of your updates file. Letting Windows7 check for updates it came up with 2 not present in your collection which it proceeded to install:

kb2904266 - 9/12/2013

kb2908783 - 7/4/2014

Also, kb2835174 seems to be for Polish installation only. Not sure why it's included in the mainstream collection of updates.

As always, Thank you.

KB2904266 has been superseded by KB2922717, and KB2908783 I forgot to add that update in my lists, so I will upload that shortly.

Really, well didn't know that until now, but I have decided to keep the update in the list, but will put a notice indicating that KB2835174 only accepts polish versions of Win7!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work. Thank you. Can someone please advise on the order in which the updates need to be applied?  Sorry if this has been asked before and I've overlooked it.

Thanks, You can install any update in any order you want, Win7 will still work.

First, thank you for your valuable contribution. This would save millions of hours :)

Secondly, with the above quote, I would like to ask few question if you would allow me. I was thinking of using RT seven lite to integrate these into W7 SP1 iso. By the way, I am new to this and had recently came across this idea of integrating updates :3

- Your update list and the one found in WUD website are same except that you have something more which the latter does not have.

-Now, the thing is, there are security updates for IE 11 which are included in the Updates' list. If I don't integrate IE 11, won't those related updates cause some kind of error during windows installation if they are included (because I don't know all the updates' name that were released after IE 11 or the prerequisites for IE 11 for example) ?

- If I do integrate the IE 11 (the provided 'cab' you have listed- I don't yet know how to integrate the 'exe'), isn't it necessary for the updates to install after IE 11 had been installed? If yes, do I need to arrange the updates or there is nothing like that of sort?

This, I think would go same for .NET 4.5.1 and later?

Thank you and please forgive me for asking this if it had already been asked and answered. I could not find the link.

And does non-integrate means I should not integrate but I can install them later manually or through windows update?

Do not use RT7Lite as it's no longer supported by the developer!! Use another tool like WHD or DISM to install/integrate updates!

The reason why one list has more content than the other is because, JCarle does not want non-Microsoft software in the lists that I provide for his WUD website.

The updates that are marked as non-integrate mean that you cannot integrate them into the offline image, so that leaves you with 3 options:-

1) Reverse Integration which is a lengthy process that could take lots of hours to do.

2) Using a tool or a script so that updates or programs (like .NET 4.5.2) can be installed after installation of Win7 but before you login to the desktop

3) Install updates/programs after installation

IE11 is the only supported version in the lists, I would recommend you integrate the required updates first which are in the update list, then integrate the latest version of IE11 (select the cab version) which is 11.0.7, then install the security update that was released 2 days ago to get too v11.0.8!

And thanks for the praise and using my update lists :)

Edited by steven4554

Thank you for your continued hard work.

I was just taking a look at the Extras .ulz you've also kindly provided.

When manually running Windows Update it is possible to prevent the installation of earlier Internet Explorer versions.

Would there be any negative effects to anyone's knowledge in only integrating IE 11 or should 8 through to 10 be integrated also?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thank you 

No you can only use one version of Internet Explorer at a time, so if you want to use IE11, that will disable IE8 as soon as you install/integrate it!

As for the extras ULZ, I didn't make that list, just provided a link to it, but you're welcome.

Thx steven4554 i was looking around for this

Tho i wonder i,m quite new to making a slipstreamed Os , i saw the netframework 4.5.1 is an exe & the Adobe Reader is an msi

How do i integrate this into the image ?  , i,m using Rt7 Lite ( latest Beta ) , can anyone give me some pointer,s perhap,s

Apologies if i go a little off topic

Thx steven4554 i was looking around for this

Tho i wonder i,m quite new to making a slipstreamed Os , i saw the netframework 4.5.1 is an exe & the Adobe Reader is an msi

How do i integrate this into the image ?  , i,m using Rt7 Lite ( latest Beta ) , can anyone give me some pointer,s perhap,s

Apologies if i go a little off topic

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139877-post-sp1-updates-for-windows-7-updated-13052014/page-18#entry1077997