7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Hi,

I know that lots of you are upset of me because I disappeared for a long period.

I know it is frustrating but let me explain to you what happened to me.

I hope you understand and accept my apology.

If one of the forum members is suffering from this illness, you could pm me and talk about it.

Regarding 7Customizer, I will continue development if the forum members still want me to or I could provide the source code and let someone else continues it.

Also thanks grabben for your support.

Regards

Hi all! :rolleyes:

We must be patient!

Blue4603 need time!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Hi myselfidem,

I've built successfully 3 weeks ago a Windows 7 DVD with added language packs, updates, drivers, tweaks and addons, and installed it on a VMWare (virtual) machine. Everythings works like a charm :thumbup

As I'm using that VMWare machine as a Win7 test machine (install/ununstall apps, testing registry tweaks...), I start getting errors. I decided to format and Re-install windows 7 with my (3 weeks ago) built DVD. So, strangely everything was installed except the addons :wacko:

Have you any idea?

Regards

Hello coucou :rolleyes:

Yes, weird!

Have you made some changes inside your Windows 7 DVD unattended, or it's exactly the same you've made at first?

Have you get errors when you've installed some French Addons?

Which "W7 Windows Toolkit" have you used?

Don't use others Addons except in your Windows version language (French) x86!

And it's needed always to integrate Addons at last and after you can make your ISO file!

Forum French System AddOns

You can use W7 Toolkit Addons

I've tested Windows 7 Toolkit 0.7.0.50. Works fine for me!

Only French AddOn UxTheme Patch 1.1 don't work for me, even it's integrated without error!?

Maybe the problem is that you are runing with Windows XP on your computer and you use VMWare (virtual) machine with Windows XP and you are trying to install Windows 7 unattended DVD on the Virtual Machine?

I can't do that with Sun VirtualBox, because I must choose for Sun VirtualBox, the installation for Windows XP or for Windows 7 OS installed on my computer!

All my tests are made with Windows 7 OS with Sun VirtualBox for unattended Windows 7 DVD! And for Windows XP, I use Sun VirtualBox with my OS Windows XP; on the same computer with 2 partitions: C:\(Windows XP) and D:\ (Windows 7)!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Hello myselfidem,

I diddn't made any change inside my Windows 7 DVD unattended. It is exactly the same DVD made at first (same added language packs, same updates, same drivers, same weaks and same addons) and installed with smae WinXP computer on the same VMWare (virtual) machine.

When I built that DVD (3 weaks ago), I got some French Addons errors (don't remember) during addons itegration with Window7_ToolKit_Alpha (the only one runing under WinXP).

Anyway, the first installation (3 weaks ago) on VMWare (virtual) machine, everything were installed addons included. This time the addons weren't installed, I dindn't get any error or message during the unattended install and at the end of the installation I got a window invite for Internet browser choice, which i cancel it.

It simply WEIRD!!! :wacko: I'll test another install later next week.

Kind Regards

Edited by coucou

Hello coucou!

I've made an test with Sun VirtualBox and in fact, yes I can use on Windows XP installed on my computer with an new virtual disk Windows 7. Just choose the host Windows 7. All works fine! I've made an virtual disk for Windows XP and another for Windows 7. But it's needed 20GB space for Windows 7!And I read that it's needed 25GB with VMware!Have you enough space on your HDD?

You can download VMware Workstation User's Manual" (PDF).

It seems that the problem is using "W7Alpha.msi" with Windows XP!

Windows 7 Toolkit is a software working only with Windows 7!

Maybe you can find a workaround for French Windows XP, here:

Utiliser W7T Pour integrer des AddOns

WIN 7 UNA

I hope that will help you!

*Edit:

If you want use the new Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Final for Windows 7.

Edited by myselfidem

Hello myselfidem,

Thanks for yr reply, BUT sorry to tell you that any given answer will not explain WHY with the same DVD the first install were perfect, 3 weeks after a RE-installaion (after format), the addons weren't installed.

BTW, my VMware disk is >50GB sized and regarding "W7Alpha.msi", both Utiliser W7T Pour integrer des AddOns and Legolash2o Windows 7 Toolkit v0.7.5 and v0.8.x creator recommend using "W7Alpha.msi" with WinXP HERE.

Kind regards

Hello myselfidem,

When I built that DVD (3 weaks ago), I got some French Addons errors (don't remember) during addons itegration with Window7_ToolKit_Alpha (the only one runing under WinXP).

Kind Regards

Coucou!

Thanks for the clarification about Windows 7 Toolkit using Windows XP!

Btw I don't use VMware, but I've spend many time to give you some help, you know!

Sorry, but I can't give you more help about VMware!

I use Sun VirtualBox!

You can find some help here:

VMware Documentation

Knowledge Base

VMware Workstation

Virtual disk image

The best way you can do is to ask inside an new topic!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Hello myselfidem,

I'm very sorry if I give you feeling offensed. It was NOT my intention :blushing: I just want to calrify that point.

Also, I know that you spend many time to give us help and i'm realy GRATEFUL :D

Kind regards

Thanks coucou! :rolleyes:

I really appreciate that you clarify a point! It's usefull for everyone!

But I see you've get errors when you've integrated some French Addons!!

Of course there is a problem!

Kind regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 4 weeks later...

How can I modify the language drop downs on the Unattended Tab to always default Time and Currency, Keyboard Input and Timezone to a default value that I use.

I see that there is a Preset Save and load option but this is cumbersome and I'd love to just be able to launch the .exe file and it come up already defined without adding other clicks.

Is there a way to launch the .exe with the defined preset to load automatically - via a shortcut switch etc ?

This tool is very nice and lightweight to use, but these are just a few of the issues that bug me. - It would be awesome if they could be addressed.

Thanks

How can I modify the language drop downs on the Unattended Tab to always default Time and Currency, Keyboard Input and Timezone to a default value that I use.

I see that there is a Preset Save and load option but this is cumbersome and I'd love to just be able to launch the .exe file and it come up already defined without adding other clicks.

Is there a way to launch the .exe with the defined preset to load automatically - via a shortcut switch etc ?

This tool is very nice and lightweight to use, but these are just a few of the issues that bug me. - It would be awesome if they could be addressed.

Thanks

Thats most likely possible if blue now wants to do that hehe. Atleast i think its possible.