7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

This is awsome!

One particular item on your to do list is of great interest to me.

- "An option to set the Users folder location, program files locations and other folders."

This is in fact the only thing I want to customize on my W7 install disc.

Any chance you/someone could guide me on exactly where in autounattend.xml I should put this:

<FolderLocations>
<ProfilesDirectory>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Usr</ProfilesDirectory>
<ProgramData>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Prg</ProgramData>
</FolderLocations>

I'd be thankful ;D

You can use inside "Autounattend.xml"

FolderLocations

The FolderLocations setting specifies the location of the user-profile and program-data folders.

Important:

This setting should be used only in a test environment. If you change the default location of the user-profile directories or program-data folders to a volume other than the system volume, you cannot service your image. Any updates, fixes, or service packs will not be applied to the installation.

For a list of known issues with the FolderLocations setting, see Description of known issues with the FolderLocation settings...

Child Elements

ProfilesDirectory

Specifies the path to the user profile folder.

ProgramData

Specifies the path to the program-data folder.

ProfilesDirectory

The Profiles

Directory setting specifies the path to the user profile folder.

Caution:

This setting should be used only in a test environment. If you change the default location of the user-profile directories or program-data folders to a volume other than the system volume, you cannot service your image. Any updates, fixes, or service packs will not be applied to the installation.

For a list of known issues with this setting, see Description of known issues with the FolderLocation settings..

Using this setting to redirect folders to a drive other than the system volume blocks upgrades. Using ProfilesDirectory to point to a directory that is not the system volume will block SKU edition upgrades and upgrades to future versions of Windows®. For example, if you use Windows 7 Home Premium with ProfilesDirectory set to D:\, you will not be able to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate or to the next version of Windows. The servicing stack does not handle cross-volume transactions, and it blocks upgrades.

Use this setting to move the user-profile folder (typically %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users) to another location during Setup or when Sysprep is running. The destination path can be on a volume other than the system drive, as long as it meets the following requirements:

It must be on an NTFS volume.

It must not be the path of another operating system user-profile folder.

It must not contain any serviceable components.

This setting can be used to keep system data separate from user data. If Windows® is re-installed on the system volume, a user with administrative rights can manually recover data from this location.

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<FolderLocations>

<ProfilesDirectory>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Profiles</ProfilesDirectory>

<ProgramData>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programs</ProgramData>

</FolderLocations>

You can find help here:

"Unattended Windows Setup Reference for Windows 7.chm"!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929831/en-us

Win7: how do I move user folder to a different drive

Edited by myselfidem

maybe the creator can ad support for aplication intergration or music iputs in customation

rt7lite can do it but it has some minor bug witch loading images en doig custimation tasks like inputing the custionation files

maybe the creator can ad support for aplication intergration or music iputs in customation

rt7lite can do it but it has some minor bug witch loading images en doig custimation tasks like inputing the custionation files

I dont doubt that Blue4603 will keep developing this tool. To integrate way more things.

But Im unsure of when.

Right now 7Lite is a better tool and far more supported by msfn users then 7Customizer

Greetings,

Thank you all for your patience and support.

7Customizer is not dead at all and I said previously if someone wants to complete my work, just contact me. For all the past months, I received only one request. If any one else, with enough experience in programming,wants to continue 7Customizer, do not hesitate and PM me.

Also, if you do not like 7Customizer , you have many alternatives.

Regards

Edited by blue4603

Greetings,

7Customizer is not dead at all and I said previously if someone wants to complete my work, just contact me. For all the past months, I received only one request. If any one else, with enough experience in programming,wants to continue 7Customizer, do not hesitate and PM me.

Regards

Good to see you Blue:)

Well i would take over if i had any skills in programming but unfortunately not:/

Edit: Will you continue it? :)

Edited by grabben

Edit: Will you continue it? :)

I am afraid I do not have an answer for this question right now because there are so many things in my head.

Regards

How unfortunate.

I hope someone will take over the development of 7C and continue this faboulus work of yours, or perhaps two person might do that.

I hope you clear your mind soon:)

Greetings,

Regards

I will rather wait a few months if that means YOU will work on it again and further :)

Greetings,

Regards

I will rather wait a few months if that means YOU will work on it again and further :)

Absolutely:)

Who knows, someone else might mess it up totally!.

I will rather wait a few months if that means YOU will work on it again and further
Absolutely:)

Who knows, someone else might mess it up totally!.

Do not worry about that. If someone requested me to complete 7Customizer, I will make sure he have enough experience to do so.

Regards

Does anyone have this problem like me:

all the updates were successfully integrated into Windows 7 install source (at least 7Customizer siad so), even the integrated ISO did indicate "installing upgrates" when doing a fresh install, but the updated were not actually installed because once connected to the internet, Win7 asked to download all the updates again. Strange thing was that all of the updates were already placed under the "downloaded" folder when installed from the integrated ISO.

Edited by medp7060