7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Inside this one (bootorder.txt) no "bootmemtest.efi" or "memtest.efi" are mentionned, and with my own Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits copy I haven't this file...And all is fine for me!

But I can see the file "memtest.efi" inside Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, inside the folder "boot" of the DVD.

Many TNX again for all this usefull informations :D

Regarding "boot\memtest.efi" inside (bootorder.txt) it mentionned in yr Guide.pdf ;)

I haven't memtest.efi too because I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits.

Regards

Inside this one (bootorder.txt) no "bootmemtest.efi" or "memtest.efi" are mentionned, and with my own Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits copy I haven't this file...And all is fine for me!

But I can see the file "memtest.efi" inside Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, inside the folder "boot" of the DVD.

Many TNX again for all this usefull informations :D

Regarding "boot\memtest.efi" inside (bootorder.txt) it mentionned in yr Guide.pdf ;)

Regards

Thanks!

Yes you've right for the French guide about the file "bootorder.txt": memtest.efi was mentionned with some 7Customizer older versions, but it doesn't appear with the last version 7Customizer_0.4.4!

And it's possible to add this line if it's needed inside "bootorder.txt"!

I will make an update for this question inside 7Customizer French guide! ;)

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Regards

Hello :rolleyes:

I've updated now 7Customizer French guide and added some Web links for more explainations about memtest.efi and Computer EFI!

Thanks

Edited by myselfidem

Regards

I've updated now 7Customizer French guide and added some Web links for more explainations about memtest.efi and Computer EFI!

Thanks

Sweet one :)

I should probably update mine as well whenever i can.. my gf will take more time now then computers:( hehe..

Regards

Thanks

Good news ;)

BTW, is there any how to integrate the addons (.wa, cab, 7z, .rar, .exe) files?

Good news ;)

BTW, is there any how to integrate the addons (.wa, cab, 7z, .rar, .exe) files?

I've made some search about your question.

And I've found some help for the addons. I don't use this method right now.

If you need some help in English, you can see here (but it's needed to be an member):

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/forum/180-w7-toolkit-addons/

And you can find a topic about How to make Addons!

If you need some help in French, you can see here:

http://www.forum-unattend.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56

http://www.forum-unattend.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=429

For those who need help in German:

http://win-lite.de/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3585

However, you need to be carefull, because some sofwares don't work with Windows XP!

You can find others Web site about addons!

I hope that will help you.

Edited by myselfidem

Hi again myselfidem,

I just finished my first Win7 7Custmization DVD prepared on an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20MHZ, 1GB DDR memory machine and run Win XP SP3 Pro.

It tooks 5 hours to get it finished.

Here bellow the Win7 customization:

French as main language, 2 extra laguage en-US and heb-IL added.

249 hotfixes (285 MB)added.

DriverPacks Audio, CardReaders, Chipset, Graphic-A, Graphic-B, LAN, MassStorage and WLAN (1.42 GB) added.

5 Themes (28 MB) added.

12 Walpapers (12.8 MB) added.

Tweaks.

The original Win7.iso file was 2.39 GB sized, is 3.50 GB after integartion

I'm surprise that although during the integration, on the debug window (DOS) i got successfully languages added, when it start saving the image I got Can't find the added languages.

Moreover, I glance at that debug window during drivers integration and saw successfull xxx.INF was displayed.

1) Why the added languages were NOT integrated?

2) How do I know if the drivers were integrated or NOT?

Here bellow attached log.txt and imagesinfo.xml

I'll really appreciate any help

Regards

imagesinfo.xml

Hi again myselfidem,

I just finished my first Win7 7Custmization DVD prepared on an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20MHZ, 1GB DDR memory machine and run Win XP SP3 Pro.

It tooks 5 hours to get it finished.

Here bellow the Win7 customization:

French as main language, 2 extra laguage en-US and heb-IL added.

249 hotfixes (285 MB)added.

DriverPacks Audio, CardReaders, Chipset, Graphic-A, Graphic-B, LAN, MassStorage and WLAN (1.42 GB) added.

5 Themes (28 MB) added.

12 Walpapers (12.8 MB) added.

Tweaks.

The original Win7.iso file was 2.39 GB sized, is 3.50 GB after integartion

I'm surprise that although during the integration, on the debug window (DOS) i got successfully languages added, when it start saving the image I got Can't find the added languages.

Moreover, I glance at that debug window during drivers integration and saw successfull xxx.INF was displayed.

1) Why the added languages were NOT integrated?

2) How do I know if the drivers were integrated or NOT?

Here bellow attached log.txt and imagesinfo.xml

I'll really appreciate any help

Regards

Hello!

I've tried to integrate successfully language packs en-US and he-IL like you, 21 updates and some drivers and tweaks...with Windows XP Pro SP3, and create an ISO file! But I've 2GB Memory RAM and it works faster...

All is fine!

1- I think it would be interresting if you can add more Memory RAM (add 1GB or 2 GB more).

2- You can also use: Run => msconfig and desable programs you don't need now.

3- Use "defrag.exe" for your HDD.

4- Disable "Screensavers" and "Hibernation"

5- If you have used exe2cab.exe for the language packs, you can try to rename the folders like this:

kb972813-x86-en-us.cab

kb972813-x86-he-il.cab

And don't add spaces inside the folders path: /PackagePath:"H:\Programs\Windows 7\LPI (MUI)\he-il\heb.cab

6- Rename the line inside "bootorder.txt": boot\fr-fr\bootsect.exe.mui and save it!

7- You can see the folders for the language packs inside C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\mount\Windows\en-US and

C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\mount\Windows\he-IL

8- After all the integration have been made if you make another time your customization all the files will be rewrited!

However, if the process was successfull you don't need to add drivers, update...because they are already integrated!

9- You need to copy a new time your DVD if you want a fresh customization!

I see that the process take more time on the same Computer if I'm working with Windows XP SP3 than Windows 7 Ultimate. In my case I've two partitions: C:\ with Windows XP SP3 and D:\Windows 7 Ultimate with dual-boot. And also if Norton Security or other Antivirus are working! And of course you have 249 updates and many drivers and it take more time (but 5 hours is too much time, wierd!)....

10- If you want to see the folders before the unmounting process, choose: Pause the execution before unmounting. Like this you can browse inside the folder C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\mount\ all the folders and files you want check: updates; drivers, language packs...

Another way is to mount the Image you have modded with WAIK and see inside this mounted Image.

10- You can see the drivers inside: C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\mount\Windows\System32\FileRepository and also inside: Windows\inf and Windows\System32\drivers

Your files as attachment seems OK! Maybe only the problem are the language packs: have you choose the good one (x86)?

Now I will make a test with the ISO file I've made like you to see if the language packs are correctly installed! I will tell you later!

I hope that will help you!

Edited by myselfidem

Hi myselfidem :wub:

Many TNX for all yr help, I'll follow yr advices and give a try later this afternoon.

In fact, last week i purchased a new machine (that i build) i7-930 2.80GHZ CPU, 6GB DDR3 RAM, X58A-UD3R and GIGABYTE motherboard.

The Win XP Pro 1GB RAM "donkey" machine is used to prepare everything. I'll try buying another 1 GB soon.

1) I didn't used exe2cab.exe for the language packs, i already had them as .cab.

Do you think it will be beter to download them via yr link, then using exe2cab.exe and then renaming the folders files like this: kb972813-x86-en-us.cab, kb972813-x86-he-il.cab?

2) I'll rebuild another customized DVD. But, on principe, do you think i can RE-use the already integrated (7Customier) to add the language packs or anything else?

3) Please advise when to add the addons (with one of yr above links). Before starting 7Customizer integration or after?

Regards

Hi myselfidem :wub:

Many TNX for all yr help, I'll follow yr advices and give a try later this afternoon.

In fact, last week i purchased a new machine (that i build) i7-930 2.80GHZ CPU, 6GB DDR3 RAM, X58A-UD3R and GIGABYTE motherboard.

The Win XP Pro 1GB RAM "donkey" machine is used to prepare everything. I'll try buying another 1 GB soon.

1) I didn't used exe2cab.exe for the language packs, i already had them as .cab.

Do you think it will be beter to download them via yr link, then using exe2cab.exe and then renaming the folders files like this: kb972813-x86-en-us.cab, kb972813-x86-he-il.cab?

2) I'll rebuild another customized DVD. But, on principe, do you think i can RE-use the already integrated (7Customier) to add the language packs or anything else?

3) Please advise when to add the addons (with one of yr above links). Before starting 7Customizer integration or after?

Regards

Hello!

I've tried the ISO file (language packs added) with Sun VirtualBox x86 and all is fine for me! Language packs are correctly integrated!

All works perfectly!!!

Yes, I think you can use the same folder "Win7" the files will be rewrited and the process will run a little faster...

and I think it's needed to integrate a new time the language packs! You can check if they are installed inside the folder C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\mount\work\Windows\en-US and he-IL"

In my case I've downloaded the language packs here:

http://www.free-download-blog.com/windows-7-mui-all-language-packs-download-links-official-32-bit-64-bit/

And I've used exe2cab.exe given at the 7Customizer guide to convert .exe files to .cab files. All works perfectly, you can see attachment!

Be carefull: don't add spaces with the path for the files! (I see that for the language packs!)

Where did you found your language packs .cab?

I will try to use addons...and I give you some help if I can and add some instructions inside the French guide! And I see on some Web site that it's seems better to install addons at the end with a batch (SetupComplete.cmd) inside the folder "Scripts".

And if you have correctly installed the language packs and you want to make a new time an ISO file you can see that the language packs are already installed (inside language pack added).

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Excuse-me! Two posts! Image attachment isn't really good, but now I haven't enough space...I must delete some images!!

And if you have correctly installed the language packs and you want to make a new time an ISO file you can see that the language packs are already installed (inside language pack added).

Thanks

Edited by myselfidem

Hello!

Where did you found your language packs .cab?

I will try to use addons...and I give you some help if I can and add some instructions inside the French guide! And I see on some Web site that it's seems better to install addons at the end with a batch (SetupComplete.cmd) inside the folder "Scripts".

Regards

Hi,

Wowwww.. yr Heb Win7 looks very nice :D

Regarding the LangPacks I can't realy tell you where. I can't remebmer it was a long time ago maybe here

Regarding the addons I've already downloaded some from here (.wa files) and others from here (.exe files)

Regards

Edited by coucou

Hi,

Wowwww.. yr Heb Win7 looks very nice :D

Regarding the LangPacks I can't realy tell you where. I can't remebmer it was a long time ago maybe here

Regarding the addons I've already downloaded some from here (.wa files) and others from here (.exe files)

Regards

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Yes Hebrew looks very nice!

I think it's better tu use the link I've mentionned for the language packs (just use the one's you need for x86 or x64) and use exe2cab.exe to convert .exe files to .cab files, because it's works very fine!

You can download the exe2cab.exe at the end of the 7Customizer Visual English guide.

For the addons, thanks for these links. I've never use to integrate addons. I will make some tests and I will try to give some help if I can!

Regards

*Edit: It's not really needed to rename the files .cab with short names for the language packs, but I think it's better - faster install- [i've tried the two methods (long names and short names: like my example) without any problem]!

French guide updated for language packs integration!

Edited by myselfidem

Merci beaucoup myselfidem :D

I just comeback from the computers chineese area in Paris, i bought 2GB RAM for my "donkey" WinXP machine.

Well I'll made the new 7Customizer DVD tomorrow or sunday.

Sorry for bothering you again.

I noticed in \7Customizer\work\ they are 2 new files reg.bat and reg.reg. reg.reg contain the latest tweaks I made. Isn't it?

To prevent loosing data, favorites links... after a crash or reinstalling windows.

I've made a small Win XP reg files (here attached bellow) for English and French version to redirect the following :

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents, %USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents,

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Music, %USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Ma Musique,

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures, %USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Mes images,

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Video, %USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Ma Video,

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Downloads, %USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Downloads,

%USERPROFILE%\Favorites %USERPROFILE%\Favoris

as well as

%USERPROFILE%\Outlook Data\\Outlook.pst

to
D:\

D:\%USERPROFILE%\My Documents, D:\%USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents,

D:\%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Music, D:\%USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Ma Musique,

D:\%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures, D:\%USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Mes images,

D:\%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Video, D:\%USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Ma Video,

D:\%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Downloads, D:\%USERPROFILE%\Mes Documents\Downloads,

D:\%USERPROFILE%\Favorites D:\%USERPROFILE%\Favoris

as well as

D:\%USERPROFILE%\Outlook Data\\Outlook.pst

As i haven't yet Win7 installed, I'll dare asking a favor. May you please "Export" these registry from yr installed Win7? Then we add them to the reg.reg file

Regards

RedirectPath_EN.reg

RedirectPath_FR.reg

Edited by coucou