Windows 9x Home Page

DosMan2.0

I am a Windows 9x enthusiast. I was wondering if anyone on this site has made a Windows 9x home page? If not I was considering making one my self. It would have the latest news about the 9x systems links to other usefull resources ectra. What do you guys think??

Edit>> I made a sample page it is rough. It is a work in progress! The ulr is: http://9xhome.darkbb.com/testpage1-h2.htm

Edited by DosMan2.0

Guest wsxedcrfv

> I am a Windows 9x enthusiast.

You signed up today to msfn, and made your very first post here in the win-9x forum, and you state that you're a win-9x enthusiast, yet in your profile you state that your OS is Vista Home Premium x64.

Am I missing something here? Maybe you made a mistake when you selected Vista during the MSFN signup?

> I was wondering if anyone on this site has made a Windows 9x

> home page? If not I was considering making one my self. It would

> have the latest news about the 9x systems links to other usefull

> resources ectra. What do you guys think??

I think the point of this win-9x MSFN forum is to accomplish what you're talking about.

> I am a Windows 9x enthusiast.

You signed up today to msfn, and made your very first post here in the win-9x forum, and you state that you're a win-9x enthusiast, yet in your profile you state that your OS is Vista Home Premium x64.

Am I missing something here? Maybe you made a mistake when you selected Vista during the MSFN signup?

> I was wondering if anyone on this site has made a Windows 9x

> home page? If not I was considering making one my self. It would

> have the latest news about the 9x systems links to other usefull

> resources ectra. What do you guys think??

I think the point of this win-9x MSFN forum is to accomplish what you're talking about.

1.) My primary system is Vista 64 that I use day to day

2.) I have been following topics on this site "msfn.org"

I apologize if there was a misunderstanding I was just saying If there is not already a Windows 9x web page made I would like to make one.

You can do whatever you want, just be aware there are already dozens (if not hundreds) of sites dedicated to Win 9x. Here's a good example: http://www.mdgx.com/ (MDGx is a regular here too).

There is nothing wrong, and it doesn't matter, having Vista as your profile's O/S. Mine says XP , but I dink around with other platforms (and I could change it to another OS if I wanted).

Edited by technoid

I was considering making one my self

Mmm, me too. Especially since it seems that unfortunately Erpman (MSFN user erpdude8) will take his 98/ME and 95 pages down later this year (no idea why):

http://erpman1.tripod.com/

This is something I almost embarked upon a couple of years back. I still have some preliminary HTML I wrote for a future 9x site.

What, Erpman closing his site? Mamma mia, how shall we survive this?

Yes, there are already several sites for W9x but more are welcome. My personal interests:

- W95b, the various upgrades that fit on it, and the applications

- Non-English W95b! Information is scarce then, and though really needed! Horrible example: Msaa on non-English W95...

And yes, this is a nice forum here, but a website fits different needs. One is interactive, the other saves time by concentrating information and downloads+links. Mdgx, Erpman and others gave me fabulous information I'd never have found on a forum, just because nobody would have asked for.

Just to illustrate that a handful people have real interest: yesterday, I burnt my first Cd with integrated floppy image to boot +W95b +all upgrades I know +all drivers for my 2 machines +all urgent applications.

No, he doesn't say that he is closing his site. On his homepage, next to the links to both his 98/ME and 95 pages, is the following message:

will be discontinued Dec. 25, 2009

I take it that this means that he will remove these pages, rather than stop updating them (maybe Erp will clarify here if he sees this thread). He gives no reason there for this decision. Anyway, regardless of that, I've been thinking of compiling a comprehensive 9x site for some time (drawing on the knowledge and work of others almost exclusively in terms of any links and information it will carry). This site I would set out in as clear and logical way as I can. I would try to make it a bit easier on the eye than an unadorned text-heavy list of links (although, since the site I envisage consists of lots of text-heavy lists of links, I might not achieve anything else :ph34r: ).

It'll only happen if I:

a. get enough time at it, and

b. feel that it brings something to 9x users that well-known existing sites don't

A combination of those two conditions being unfulfilled is why I put the idea on hold some time ago.

Edited by bristols

No, he doesn't say that he is closing his site. On his homepage, next to the links to both his 98/ME and 95 pages, is the following message:
will be discontinued Dec. 25, 2009
I take it that this means that he will remove these pages, rather than stop updating them (maybe Erp will clarify here if he sees this thread). He gives no reason there for this decision.

Calm down, everybody, take long breaths, and then read again ERPMan's Homepage: http://erpman1.tripod.com/

It's pretty clear that our good erpdude8 will just transfer the 9x/ME and NT 4.0 pages from the "Current Pages" section to the newly created "Archived Pages" section and stop updating them. He will *not* take them down. :yes:

Calm down, everybody, take long breaths, and then read again ERPMan's Homepage: http://erpman1.tripod.com/

It's pretty clear that our good erpdude8 will just transfer the 9x/ME and NT 4.0 pages from the "Current Pages" section to the newly created "Archived Pages" section and stop updating them. He will *not* take them down. :yes:

All calm here. ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out, dencorso. Obviously I wasn't paying enough attention.

(Maybe I'll leave that aforementioned on-hold website project on-hold for a bit longer.)