We need an active moderator here

If you need a moderator, this is the button to push: p_report.gif

Notification is dispatched immediately to the moderation team and often multiple moderators will review, discuss (if necessary) and act upon said topic/thread in a very responsive amount of time.

But remember, we're all human, we need our sleep/rest too. ...Except Coffeefiend... he's always awake from all that coffee. (You should see his desk, coffee cups and pots everywhere. Even coffee/espresso machines!) :P

Well that is good only if someone wants to call the "police" isn't it ?.

I don't think it applies when it comes to managing stickies for example, especially that most (all?) currently active moderators have barely an interest in 9x related matters and have IMO way less clues as to what would be good/not good when it comes to that than the serious 9x subforums regulars.

I can't speak for Gape but I have always felt that MDGx is reading this board and other boards. They do have outside lives but MDGx does post every so often. We may think the moderators are long gone with no recent posts ... but I for one think they are around to keep "law and order" in some way.

That's only wishfull thinking isnt'it ? And the issue do not primarily revolves around law and order IMO even if the thread has drifted in a way that just this aspect of moderating powers is being considered by most of those who have posted it seems.

I'd be curious to know why Bristols opened this very pertinent topic because I don't think he primarily had spam issues in mind.

Well that is good only if someone wants to call the "police" isn't it ?.

I don't think it applies when it comes to managing stickies for example, especially that most (all?) currently active moderators have barely an interest in 9x related matters and have IMO way less clues as to what would be good/not good when it comes to that than the serious 9x subforums regulars.

Naw, we get requests to delete double posts and other stuff too. Don't be afraid to use it - we won't come after you. :lol:

Just a quick count shows we have 2 admins, 13 smods, and 24 mods. I personally review almost every reply or new topic (especially from new members) evenings and weekends that doesnt already have a moderator present. even during those times im usually beaten to a by another mod at least once a week. usually we I see a spammer and im lucky if i can get him banned and cleaned up after before another mod bans them. I think were have enough moderators.

Would one more mod or eventually smod, really be an issue?!

Are you going to update/modify stickies on demand as well ?

:whistle:

Anyway one can't talk with those who do not want to hear and escape the points with silly answers.

Have a nice day :hello:

Yes eidenk, I agree at least sticking more important "Win9x Projects" would help outside visitors and the community a lot.

That was a little thing that made me also complaint sometimes when my project had to be "re-stickied" once or twice and know it's again "somewhere" in the topic jungle but not in reach for anyone.

Edited by winxpi

This section has more than enough stickies as is. In fact, it has more than any other forum on the site. Only a few stickies are really necessary. MDGx's idea of linking to important topics in one sticky is a better idea, though.

Aha Ok.

Well I would suggest, (of course if he also agrees) Tihiy for an additional mod/smod!

In my opinion and I think I can speak here for many members reading the 9x topic, he is one of the most experienced users and also one of the most active here. He's on the same level with MDGx and Gape thought.

Edited by winxpi

This section has more than enough stickies as is. In fact, it has more than any other forum on the site. Only a few stickies are really necessary. MDGx's idea of linking to important topics in one sticky is a better idea, though.

Again you are escaping the points. The question whether there are to many or too few stickies is irrelevant. The issue is who is managing/improving those stickies right now and the answer to that question is that no one currently does. :rolleyes:

Is it so difficult to understand what the issue is really about ? :whistle:

Easy does it there sport, I misunderstood what you meant.

The person who started the post that is stickied can easily maintain it, and for the sticky index, all SMods can easily edit it.

Aha Ok.

Well I would suggest, (of course if he also agrees) Tihiy for an additional mod/smod!

In my opinion and I think I can speak here for many members reading the 9x topic, he is one of the most experienced users and also one of the most active here. He's on the same level with MDGx and Gape thought.

You don't want to put that burden on Tihiy do you ?

I think the time he devotes to windows 9x is much better employed at coding than at him managing/updating the stickies, etc...

If I'd have to candidate one single person it would be dencorso but the reason why I suggested 5/6 new "mods" is because I thought it would allow to not put any heavy pressure on anyone while keeping on improving on it nicely.

I don't believe that ringing smods who have no apparent interest in 9x related matters to update/modify stickies here will yeld much improvement.

Anyway I think stickies should be reorganized somehow so that they become yet better hubs for the essential and useful information.

Perhaps we should discuss that in another thread and if we agree about a layout and its content we could just whistle a smod and then he'd do it.

Anyway eager to read the opinion of others on all that, including Bristols who got the party started.

Aha Ok.

You don't want to put that burden on Tihiy do you ?

I think the time he devotes to windows 9x is much better employed at coding than at him managing/updating the stickies, etc...

If I'd have to candidate one single person it would be dencorso but the reason why I suggested 5/6 new "mods" is because I thought it would allow to not put any heavy pressure on anyone while keeping on improving on it nicely.

I don't believe that ringing smods who have no apparent interest in 9x related matters to update/modify stickies here will yeld much improvement.

Anyway I think stickies should be reorganized somehow so that they become yet better hubs for the essential and useful information.

Perhaps we should discuss that in another thread and if we agree about a layout and its content we could just whistle a smod and then he'd do it.

Anyway eager to read the opinion of others on all that, including Bristols who got the party started.

Well,no my suggestion wasn't because of that we need somebody ho does the work, rather I thought he would come in question as exchange for already done hard work.

But if you mean it is "soo much work", I wouldn't say no to that work, if I was asked althought, it's not rare that users are busy for month as I was betweem halloween and summer beginning, for studying reasons.

And besides, I don't really see much work anymore by contributions of me

I have de facto stopped production for the W98UPG, as there aren't many options to add anymore excepts more new "unofficial" IE6 updates or so.

At the moment it would rather help if I can improve in forum management than think about "if" it makes sense to blow the Upgrade Pack more up.

Edited by winxpi

The issue has come up recently, and is being considered already.

Edited by cluberti
This has been addressed, there is a new Win9x section mod to assist MDGx and Gape.