Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

Unnecessary quoted message removed by Moderator!

"One important note – as indicated above, the cleanup tool will not allow you to remove a version of the .NET Framework that is installed as part of the OS it is running on. That means that even if you try this example command line on Windows Server 2003, the tool will exit with a failure return code and not allow you to remove the .NET Framework 1.1 because it is a part of that OS.

Similarly, you cannot use the cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0 from Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or remove the .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 from Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. In addition, if you run the cleanup tool on an OS that has any edition of the .NET Framework installed as a part of the OS, it will prevent you from using the .NET Framework - All Versions option because there is at least one version that it cannot remove."

...but thanks

Edited by Yzöwl
Yet another moderator intervention!

• 2 weeks later...
one question:

i used win7elite64.ini , one problem is that i can't turn on windows firewall. Which tweak relates to it? can somebody help me plz, thanks for much!

make sure the base filtering engine service is set to automatic and start it if its not then try starting firewall :thumbup

Hi I have a couple of simple basic questions more to how vlite works than anything as this is my starting point for vlite hope it is ok to ask here ?

I started using vLite yesterday working on win7 RC, I have used the elite presets and then selected within components to remove notepad, paint, windows media player excetra applied and created an ISO and installed which works great, but find myself confused to how the selected componests as above are still installed and function ?.

Am I missing either a basic concept of vLite or is possible that I have done something wrong ?

I also note that with the current elite preset that components such as Disk clean up is selected to be removed yet once the os is installed the removed components are still there and function ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by OldandGrim

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to ask if you can integrate the hotfix.

I tried to integrate Windows6.1-KB973874-x86.msu, vLite tells me the error path that does not find the file!

senzatitulo1.th.jpg

senzatitulo2.th.jpg

Thanks

Edited by DMD61

hmmmm....just got my x86 b7260 install.wim down to 565mb?

oops looks like i may have to keep manual install?

Dead0 hi! Can you explain how to reduze the size install.wim in 565mb??? I try your last session and dwm.zip, but my install.wim size is 890 mb. Why? I don´t understand what i delete in temp winsxs to reduze space.

Thnx!!!

Sorry for my poor english

hmmmm....just got my x86 b7260 install.wim down to 565mb?

oops looks like i may have to keep manual install?

Dead0 hi! Can you explain how to reduze the size install.wim in 565mb??? I try your last session and dwm.zip, but my install.wim size is 890 mb. Why? I don´t understand what i delete in temp winsxs to reduze space.

Thnx!!!

This thread is kinda closed but i was wondering the same thing dead0 !?! :thumbup

Thnx!!!

This thread is kinda closed but i was wondering the same thing dead0 !?! :thumbup

if you try my latest x86 batch file in the other thread, you should be able to get the install wim to around 505mb! :P

Edited by dead0

Thnx!!!

if you try my latest x86 batch file in the other thread, you should be able to get the install wim to around 505mb! :P

Which one specifically for x86 you have a few. Do you have one for 64 bit what size did you get the install.wim for that?

Thnx!!!

Which one specifically for x86 you have a few. Do you have one for 64 bit what size did you get the install.wim for that?

see 1st post in the other thread for the new x86 guide which contains the latest batch/dism removal

Thnx!!!

see 1st post in the other thread for the new x86 guide which contains the latest batch/dism removal

thnx Dea0, but i dont understand how to made this part:

***optional: before commiting changes, you could load the windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE reg hive in regedit & delete any entries relating to powershell & other net3 files. .net clr optimisation service will complain (if enabled in services) about them not being found. if the service is disabled then there will be no errors in event viewer except for windows search starting a full index reset.

how to modify the file SOFTWARE??? the file dont have extension.

bye bye