Has anyone here successfully integrated drivers into their Vista image

I can't seem to get it to work even though I meticulously followed FireGeier's guide. I always get an error message of Vista not being able to locate the boot-critical drivers. Is there another method of integrating Vista drivers into my image? I don't really want to use the Vlite option.

I can't seem to get it to work even though I meticulously followed FireGeier's guide. I always get an error message of Vista not being able to locate the boot-critical drivers. Is there another method of integrating Vista drivers into my image? I don't really want to use the Vlite option.

Great driverpacks for vista..check it out

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6703

You can also do it pretty easily with a standard WIM file, the WAIK, extracted driver files (*.inf, *.sys, etc), and an elevated WAIK command prompt. Use imagex to mount the wim file (imagex /mountrw <drive:\path\to\image.wim> <image number inside WIM to modify> <drive:\path\to\mount\folder>), use peimg to inject the drivers (peimg /inf <drive:\path\to\driver\.infs> /image=<drive:\path\to\mount\folder>), then imagex to commit the changes (imagex /unmount /commit <drive:\path\to\mount\folder>). Note that this works on both PE boot.wim files and Vista/2008 image.wim files.

Most my drivers it says they aren't boot critical but it places them in the Store and they are installed I think during specialize pass because my sounds play when I hit the desk in Audituser. I have an Extremegamer and had to mod the inf so it will install but it works where it didn't with any Driver packs.

They need to be inf based drivers though.

EDIT

INFO:   Installing driver package 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' to the currently offline OS ...
INFO: The class GUID for INF 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' is '4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318'!
INFO: The class GUID '4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318' is not boot-critical.
INFO: 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' is not a boot critical driver.
SUCCESS:Added 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' to offline driver store at 'E:\wimMOUNT\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_emu.inf_cea2ead8\wdma_emu.inf'.
SUCCESS:Added driver 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' to the offline Windows image at 'E:\wimMOUNT\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_emu.inf_cea2ead8\wdma_emu.inf'.
SUCCESS:Driver package 'E:\wimMOUNT\pnpDrivers\2\wdma_emu.inf' installed!
SUCCESS:Successfully marked devices for reinstall!

Edited by maxXPsoft

Are there any instructions on the website on how to integrate the drivers into the Vista image? Is this process a "hack job" or it's a "standard compliant job"?

Are there any instructions on the website on how to integrate the drivers into the Vista image? Is this process a "hack job" or it's a "standard compliant job"?

The instructions are inside the download (vista-tools, the application that integrates the drivers) Its not a hack tool, its a standard compliant job, as it uses the Microsoft official tool "WAIK" to integrate the drivers

I just use mountrw the image and use pkgmgr.exe to inject the drivers, simple

Look at waik.chm Package Manager Command-Line Options using an answer file

pkgmgr is right in the sources dir

thats exactly what the tool does ;)