XP Service Pack 3 support

monohouse

Yes it works with sp3 build 3244, it slipstreamed flawlessly and patches seems to work well (tcp/ip, themes, sfc), unattended, options and tweaks seems to work ok also. Only thing I didn't tried is to play with the hotfixes, drivers and components part.

I didn't noticed any speed improvement since I did test it under a virtual machine.

Hope it helps

Blizz

My two cents.

Unless you really need to do it, it might be a good idea to wait until the final. Why do I say this. Well, when I tried sp3 build 3205, I had absolutely no problems or issues whatsoever. Period. The computer worked great. However, everytime I tried sp3 rc1, build 3244, it keeps booting me off my Internet connection. I have tried four slightly different setups, but mostly the same as the one I have used for "3205". I was trying different 'addon's and a couple of times I was trying to add some drivers. Net result, I'm back to using "3205", with all the different "addon's" that I was looking for to make work in the first place. Thank goodness for DVD-RW's. LOL. Not to mention the fact I keep seeing posts of folk's having various issues. It is, afterall, still in 'Beta' phase.

That's it. The end.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Eddie

SP3 seems stable to me. The only addons I put on it are DX9c redist, KB888111 (minus portcls.sys/mssap.dll), and MU, none of which modify or overwrite any already present system files. I haven't hacked it with TCP/IP tweaks using out of date DLLs or removed any components.

They decided not to include HDA support, which is why I add KB888111.

in regard to "you really need it", maybe not "need it" as in I can't live without it, but yes if it gives a 10% improvement in performance for various kinds of software compared to service pack 0, then I think I need it, don't need the rest of the crap it brings in it's 350MB package, but I will take care of that with the deleted edition if it actually does proove to be faster....

but does it ? did anyone run any tests ?

SP3 seems stable to me. The only addons I put on it are DX9c redist, KB888111 (minus portcls.sys/mssap.dll), and MU, none of which modify or overwrite any already present system files. I haven't hacked it with TCP/IP tweaks using out of date DLLs or removed any components.

They decided not to include HDA support, which is why I add KB888111.

Strange...I couldn't integrate KB888111. It was telling me that it was already part of the package or that it was not compatible. I ended up having to use a new one, KB835221. I have sound, so I'm happy. :)

Strange...I couldn't integrate KB888111. It was telling me that it was already part of the package or that it was not compatible. I ended up having to use a new one, KB835221. I have sound, so I'm happy. :)
I created a custom addon for use with RyanVM integrator.

KB835221 is actually older.. the file versions are 5.10.0.5011 where KB888111 is 5.10.1.5013, and it doesn't appear they even have an SP2 package for KB835221.