No Audio after intergrating SP3

LUZR4LIFE

Unable to run any kb888111.exe on mashine with winxp sp3 installed,because it says higher version of windows is found.

Therefore unable to install HD Realtek driver and as result I haven't sound.

Simply don't install non-final versions of software if this is a problem.

Unable to run any kb888111.exe on mashine with winxp sp3 installed,because it says higher version of windows is found.

Therefore unable to install HD Realtek driver and as result I haven't sound.

It is no problem to get sound onto a mashine with winxp sp3 installed.

You should not run the KB888111.exe, but just extract the SP2 version of the KB file.

Then you can install the missing driver by "updating" the software for the detected PCI device.

Open the device manager, "update" the software for the "unknown PCI device" and just point to the "commonfiles" folder of the extracted package.

After having done that you will get the missed sound.

You should not run the KB888111.exe, but just extract the SP2 version of the KB file

Thanks

Excellent advice!

I don't know, that the universal extractor can work with kb888111.exe

What most reliable way to add kb888111.exe to Unattended CD with SP3 integrated if I want integrate all driverspacks.

Driverpack base unable to integrate kb888111.exe (that is within driverpack base and sound driverpacks) to XPSP3 (I get warning-higher version of windows is found and it was ignore in my project) ?

Edited by by_rom

• 5 weeks later...

hi

i have sp3 on my xp machine, but now there is only sound from music and some games after a restart, but usual windows sounds are always there.

in control panel when you go to 'sounds audio devices' is says there is no playback devices.

sometimes it will work for hours after a reboot, sometimes not very long at all,

i have changed drivers, sound cards and anyting else i could think of.

with the last sound card sometimes in device manager i could 'rescan' and it would work again... but now with the on board sound (ac3) i think it works for longer, but wont work with a 'rescan'

i have updated sp3 to the latest build.

this was a fresh install of windows after a 30 day trial of vista( didn't like it)

any pointers would be appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

How do you integrate Universal_Audio_Architecture_High_Definition_Audio_AddOn_1.0.7z? "Single driver" (what file?) or "Multiple driver folder"? I had to manually install it afterwards regardless what I did.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Yes i have had this problem from 2 different computers, 1 was using the RC version of SP3, i thought it's just because it was not final yet that's why i face that problem. After SP3 releases, i tried it on a 2nd computer, same thing, can't detect audio drive, therefore can't install audio driver, using my integrated audio drivers and the latest audio driver for my MOBO, it says the drivers it's not for my hardware.

In the end i found out it's true, that you can extract a folder called 'commonfiles' from KB888111.exe. Then in the device manager area, there's one hardware that it's yellow 'PCI Bridge' i think. You update that with the driver in 'commonfiles, it will install HDaudio and sound will work, after that you can install your original audio driver if you want.

I figured that to integrate this KB888111 driver, either integrate it when i'm workin on WINXP SP2, or integrating the driver found in 'commonfiles' folder when workin' on WINXP SP3.

So now for the nLite section. booooggy mention that i can integrate this drivers using nLite in the Driver section. My first try was that method. Integrating the the INF found in 'commonfiles' folder on WINXP SP3, so i use nLite and at the Driver section, i add a single driver which is hdaudio.inf, there's another called hdaudbus.inf, i don't really know which one to add, but it stated that i only need to add 1 and everythin in that folder will be integrated.

I use virtualbox to try it out. But i'm not sure if it works or not. Maybe audio doesn't work in VirtualBox therefore the driver integration fail? Because i can't find those driver files in system32\drivers, files like hdaudbus.sys and HdAudio.sys which can be found on the computer i'm using now. If you guys think using VirtualBox will have there problems i don't mind tryin the real installation on a real computer, but can anyone comfirm this?

So anyway, I went in my WINXP SP3, in the i386 folder, the file DOSNET.INF, i found out that the driver was integrated (looks successful to me) eg.

d11,hdaprop.dll

d11,hdashcut.exe

d11,hdaudbus.inf

d11,hdaudbus.sys

d11,hdaudio.inf

d11,hdaudio.sys

d11,hdaudres.dll

And also in folder 'i386\NLDRV\001' i found files like:

HDAUDBUS.SY_

HDAUDIO.SY_

etc.

So it should work right? Anyway i will try the method where i intergate KB888111 on SP2 then only slipstream SP3 to it, see if that works.

Thanks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.!