How to slipstream vista sp1

nikhil14b

Hello,

Can some one tell me how do we slipstream vista sp1.

this will really help as the clean install,will be much better.

coz i have an old pc with 1.6 Ghz p4 and 780 SD ram and vlite helps me a lot,but when i installed full vista and then sp1..pc was slow like hell.

and plz let me know that does really sp1 help in peformance ??

thank u.

bye

***EDIT***

If you don't want to read the whole topic solution is here:

http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?catid=1&id=9536

I'm now on SP1 and I'm just waiting to see if there will be those slowdowns when even small files are moved.

Sometimes in Vista it literally hangs the Explorer if I move few small files to another folder, then I wait and it gets resolved by itself.

I did have those 2 important hotfixes installed but they didn't help.

Anyway I'll keep an eye open on SP1 if it has that solved before I talk highly of it :)

So far it's ok. vLited to the bone, only issue is that Control Panel - Features breaks.

Hello,

You can't......

Everyone says that SP1 makes Vista faster and more stable . . . . which is really great . . . . but . . . .

1. Vista is so bloated you really need vLite.

2. If you remove the wrong thing with vLite, the SP1 installer crashes, BUT it won't tell you what is wrong -- it just gives you a meaningless error number. So, you have to spend hours and hours experimenting to figure out what the problem is.

3. OK, So I'll wait till SP1 is officially released and slip-stream it into Vista and then use vLite on that. OOOPS, Sorry. Can't do that. Microsoft has changed the SP1 installer and says that you won't be able slip-stream SP1 into Vista.

4. So, in a couple of months, when SP1 is officially released, someone will get a full DVD of Vista with SP1 integrated and upload it to one of the warez groups. Microsoft complains constantly about piracy and then does stupid crap like this that encourages people to go out and get pirated copies of Windows.

Hello,

You can't......

Everyone says that SP1 makes Vista faster and more stable . . . . which is really great . . . . but . . . .

1. Vista is so bloated you really need vLite.

2. If you remove the wrong thing with vLite, the SP1 installer crashes, BUT it won't tell you what is wrong -- it just gives you a meaningless error number. So, you have to spend hours and hours experimenting to figure out what the problem is.

3. OK, So I'll wait till SP1 is officially released and slip-stream it into Vista and then use vLite on that. OOOPS, Sorry. Can't do that. Microsoft has changed the SP1 installer and says that you won't be able slip-stream SP1 into Vista.

4. So, in a couple of months, when SP1 is officially released, someone will get a full DVD of Vista with SP1 integrated and upload it to one of the warez groups. Microsoft complains constantly about piracy and then does stupid crap like this that encourages people to go out and get pirated copies of Windows.

Good point fellow, also when i tried a vlited edition of winVistax64 that i made mysefl i find out that sp1 v275 failed to install, with error code (cant remember , but had to be with windows update) tried my unstouched x64 disc and all worked fine...

It is really true that if you nail something important with vlite you will make your installation useless for upcoming service packs.... not that the program its the fault but the end user that dont know what took off of the installation disc....

yes, this is bad. integration into offline images is no longer supported.

Here is a qoute from the latest WAIK:

Offline installation of Windows Vista SP1, or of any of the update packages included in the service pack, is not supported. Offline installation will cause the Windows image to be corrupted.

From a Microsoft point of view they are just fighting piracy.

1. If you’ve already bought Vista, you are forced to use windows update and pass WGA to get SP1. (About a 50mb download)

2. If you buy Vista when SP1 is already out you will get a fully slipstreamed ISO with SP1.

SP1 was modified because they wanted to bring a new feature: i.e Just place the SP1 file in the Windows Vista DVD in the (UPDATE folder) thus no need to slipstream etc, but the feature was dropped! Go figure why!?!?

That’s why they killed Autopatcher. But one thing am afraid is: I know nuhi will come up with slipstreaming SP1, but then, will they kill vLite too??

I know nuhi will come up with slipstreaming SP1, but then, will they kill vLite too??

I hope they don't, if they do ill just go back to Windows XP x64.

But if you have to install SP1 after then you have to keep quite abit of components for it to work, which i normally like to get rid of :( and gives me invalid shortcuts, links, etc... but still stable/reliable though :)

So i hope nuhi does come up with an idea to slipstream SP1 and that vlite doesnt have to be killed because of it