Online Database For MP3s?

Jeremy

Today I tried two programs for finding id tags for my songs and somehow, in my attempt to label one song, labeled many other by that name. Now every tagger program I try thinks 1/4 of my music collection is by the same artist.

Is there any other information in a song that can be used to correctly get the tags and rename the songs in the following format:

Artist - Album - Song # - Song Title

I've tried MP3 Tagger and Tag&Rename.

Edited by Jeremy

Then again, I live in Canada and not the US. If I rip music from an original CD and load it into Winamp, it is labeled something like "Various Artist - Unknown Title".

Edited by Jeremy

Curious to know why. If the music is legit then the tags would not required to be retagged.

Not all programs put automatically tags to an MP3, older rippers that I used didn’t check on the web for a database. It doesn’t matter if you have legal issued MP3s or not.

I have a lot of cd's that do not contain any information on them and have to add the info myself. I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do though Jeremy, Tag&Rename can get information from the tags and rename the file(s) from that. Just click on the 'Rename Files' tab and for file name mask use

%1 - %3 - %6 - %2

which will give you

<Artist> - <Album> - <Track #> - <Title>.mp3

That's sort of the problem. I accidentally renamed a lot of the tags so if I use that method to change the filenames, I'll be twice as screwed. I was wondering if there was another method of identifying the mp3 on an online server to fix the tags and then rename the filenames afterwards.

are your music albums in seperate folders or are all the files in the same folder? Tag&Rename has a 'Get Album Titles from Freedb' which uses the DiscID even if there are no other tags. Another program you can try is 'Abander TagControl' it's good at doing multiple albums.