Halo 2

dwarfer

No, Shadowrun and Halo, even if they dont use direct10, are only supported only on vista.

It's Microsoft way to force you to buy their new OS. I dont like Vista neither, and I don't racket.

:realmad:

only MS funded developers will develop games soley for vista at this point... Valve released new survey specs and only 5% of respondents actually use vista, where 93% use XP. No developer in their right mind would throw 93% away for 5%, it just isn't fiscally responsible.

Halo2 was a huge letdown for me when i got it for Xbox. Seriously, this game kinda sucks. The story is crap and the game is short...really short. I think most places rate it at 10 hours of gameplay, but I don't think it lasted more than 7 hours for me.

on top of that the graphics are probably still DX8.

you're better off trying a real shooter for the PC.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, apparently another group beat Fallingleaf, releasing a patch/crack that lets users play Halo 2 on XP. Some people say it works, some say it doesn't. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it or not, but if you use google, you'll find it.

• 1 month later...
i think that there are some cracked versions that work on xp for download somewhere, i'm not really sure. you could try one of those if you can find it and just use your key.

Use my key for what? I just want to play the campaign, and I'm not activating anything for that. I'll use one of the workarounds I've seen. The funny thing is the XP trainer for Halo 2 appears to be better than the Vista ones. However, I've not seen a complete version of it, just the trial one with most options disabled.

Something that people should be aware of beofre attempting ot run Halo 2 on XP is that it requires SP2. The game/loader doesn't work on SP1 even with the .net framework 2.0, nor does it work on XP 64-bit.

Edited by Viper187