Nero 7 Lite/Micro 7.9.6.0

Major

@ teemue: You can extract DriveSpeed out of the Nero installer. Just start the downloaded file from Nero website and continue it until it shows up the components selection screen (Do not close it). Then go to your %temp% folder, there will be a NeroDemo folder or something like that. Inside this folder there is a file Nero.msi. Run the command "msiexec /a Nero.msi /norestart" on that file and do an admin install by this. If there are any errors on missing .cab files during the admin install, copy the content of the "Cab" folder inside the Nero temp folder into the Nero temp folder. (one level above) This works fine for me. Now close everything and browse to the folder that you installed your admin install to. There should be the files you need, anywhere @ ToolKit or DriveSpeed, cant`t check it, because I am not at home. ;)

@ teemue: You can extract DriveSpeed out of the Nero installer. Just start the downloaded file from Nero website and continue it until it shows up the components selection screen (Do not close it). Then go to your %temp% folder, there will be a NeroDemo folder or something like that. Inside this folder there is a file Nero.msi. Run the command "msiexec /a Nero.msi /norestart" on that file and do an admin install by this. If there are any errors on missing .cab files during the admin install, copy the content of the "Cab" folder inside the Nero temp folder into the Nero temp folder. (one level above) This works fine for me. Now close everything and browse to the folder that you installed your admin install to. There should be the files you need, anywhere @ ToolKit or DriveSpeed, cant`t check it, because I am not at home. ;)

Thanks..but admin install seems to extract every component though i've selected only drvspeed :P:P

I just made a move recently, which is why I haven't replied. I'm downloading 7.10.1.0 right now and will post shortly on how it went.

Acheron... why MegaUpload?? :realmad: I understand you prolly wanna save bandwidth, or maybe don't want to get into any legal probs with Ahead. But if that's the case, my I suggest these upload sites instead:

DivShare

MiHD

eSnips

I've used these in the past for various reasons, and IMHO are much better than Crapidshare or MegaCrapload. :D

Just a suggestion. ;)

Also, I know sometimes people take a while to beta test. Some of us have real jobs (yourself included, I'm sure). We will get back to ya, just have patience. This is one of the best projects going on at MSFN right now, and it's my sincerest hope that it continues to move forward.

PS: I think maybe you should start a new topic, since Major started this one with 7960, at no one has seen him for awhile....

Ok, just installed it.

Same as before. The installation kinda hangs at the end. It looks like an AutoIt scripts hits at the end, cuz I see a dialogue box pop up for a split second. I still get the "Your serial number supports more features, would you like to upgrade.... blah, blah" message.

Oh well. Nothing's perfect.

BTW, (if I havent' mentioned it before) thanks for changing the desktop icon back to accurately reflect NeroExpress. Good job!! ;)

Edited by RaGhul

Hi RaGhul,

I will host final version of Nero 7 Lite from my site. These builds are only uploaded temporary for testing purposes. Thank you for sharing your info abot public file upload services. I didn't know about MiHD yet.

Nero 7 Lite 7.0.10.1 RC2

Nero 7 Lite 7.0.10.1 RC2 (Micro)

Issues hopefully solved between RC1 and RC2:

- More features available prompt ignored

- Wait for user input on "demo serial expired" and "overwrite existing serial" prompts

- Anti-Virus update functionality fixed

- Lots of minor bug fixes and code optimisations

Known issues:

Manually entering a serial with Nero ProductSetup Tool after installation might cause the More features available prompt. Use the MissingFilesState regtweak to disable this message:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"MissingFilesState"="0"

I will open a new topic when final version is released, although don't expect any big changes after RC2.

Edited by Acheron

Just thought I'd post my experience, concerning Nero 7 Lite 7.0.10.1 RC2 (Micro)

I've beed attempting to create a silent install via an install.bat, containing:

start /wait nero-7.10.1.0_english__micro.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /USER="myname" /COMPANY="mycompany" /SERIAL=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN
exit

It installs fine, but when selecting Nero ROM or Express from the Start Menu I receive the following prompt:

nokm8.png

I then have to enter my serial again, which is followed by the SetupX error, which has been described in previous posts.

Clicking Nero ROM or Express from the Start Menu after this, and it appears to work properly.

Am I missing something or using the switches incorrectly? Or RC2 isn't functioning properly..?

Hope my comments were constructive to the 'clever' ones :)

@nlitened

This latest Nero Micro behaves just as normal Nero 7 Full would, except for activation errors. In fact, I have a sneaky suspicion that Ahead is purposely making setupx more and more complicated in order to prevent us from making Lite and Micro. I saw someone make a switchless installer by using msistub and keytotime's tutorial. You can probably do it the same way. I'll let Acheron take it from here, as I'm sure he can give you better instructions.

Ach,

I just installed Nero 7 Lite 7.0.10.1 RC2 (Micro) on top of previous build. Still hangs towards the end (as is to be expected with all the scripts needed for setupx), but the good news is that it didn't give me any pop-up messages or error warnings. Also, I think you'll be pleased to know that the installer remembered all my previous settings: Serial number, custom installation, and all 3 checkboxes were already done for me. All I had to do was hit "NEXT".

I have to reformat another PC later on today, so I'll have a chance to test it on a FRESH installation for ya, and post the results. But so far, it looks about as good as it can get.

(Too bad we can't just cheat an' slip in a valid serial during install, huh? :P )

RaGhul,

I don't know what you mean about the installation hanging? Is it just waiting until the script finishes (configlicense.exe active in taskmanager) or do you experience the window not getting redrawn when setup has finished.

The last issue is normal and is probably due to registering of Nero 7 dlls.

Stop asking for other ways of activation. Just deal with it. In final version I have already made disappear most of the flashy stuff.

Nlitened,

What OS are you installing on? You might also try to remove the start /wait command as it don't work this way and is unnecessary in a batch script.

Edited by Acheron

I switched to 7.9.6.0 Micro on this PC and it worked. I tried installing it on another PC (freshly formatted) with my same serial, and it gives the error about the CDKey being invalid... Can you only use the CDKey on one system? I upgraded to the 7.10.1.0 version on this PC and it works fine. Hadn't tried 7.10 on the other. Any suggestions?

Edited by badsleeper

Hello,

I tried to install RC2 from Archeron.

I get an error while executing the setup.

neroerror.jpg

Does this happen everytime you run the installer? I have reproduced errors like these, but they only show up occasionaly. Anyway I have made some changes to the dll calling part and it seems to be fixed. I might release another RC just to make sure this error is solved.

@Ach,

Is it just waiting until the script finishes (configlicense.exe active in taskmanager) or do you experience the window not getting redrawn when setup has finished.

No redrawn window problems. Just the script. I know this is normal, and that the script has to be done this way. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to give you feedback just in case it's not working as expected. And so far, it seems to be working fine... well, for me at least. ;)

When I get around to reformatting my other machine, I'll post how it goes installing Nero on that one as well.