Nero 7 Lite/Micro 7.9.6.0

Major

i'm using nero micro 7.9.6.0 and eveytime i create a dvd-video, the dvd plays just fine on computers, but when tried on several home theaters, the dvd is constantly skipping and jumping ahead.

anybody else have this problem?

@FinGerZ - have you tested the disks that you've made? Try running Nero CD-DVD Speed and run a Transfer Rate test in those disks. Optimally the result would be a smooth curve from start to end, which means that the drive could read the disk at the mas physical speed at every area of the disk. If the curve is not smooth and there are deep down spikes, then maybe you should use a better quality media and/or lower the burn speed.

Most computer DVD drives can handle bad burned disks better than the drives inside the DVD players, so that could be your situation. Improving the burn quality should fix that.

i'm using nero micro 7.9.6.0 and eveytime i create a dvd-video, the dvd plays just fine on computers, but when tried on several home theaters, the dvd is constantly skipping and jumping ahead.

@FinGerZ - have you tested the disks that you've made? Try running Nero CD-DVD Speed and run a Transfer Rate test in those disks. Optimally the result would be a smooth curve from start to end, which means that the drive could read the disk at the mas physical speed at every area of the disk. If the curve is not smooth and there are deep down spikes, then maybe you should use a better quality media and/or lower the burn speed.

Most computer DVD drives can handle bad burned disks better than the drives inside the DVD players, so that could be your situation. Improving the burn quality should fix that.

i'll give that a try, i've used several spindles (100) of memorex 16x on my laptop burning dvd at 4x and this has just happened for the past couple of dvds

benchmark showed a straight line at 4x and a slight curve from 4x to 8x... no drops

Serial Number;Drive;Firmware;Transfer Rate - Average;Transfer Rate - Start;Transfer Rate -

End;Random Access Time;1/3 Access Time;Full Access Time;1 X CPU Usage;2 X CPU Usage;4 X CPU

Usage;8 X CPU Usage;Burst rate;Spin Up Time;Spin Down Time;Load Time;Eject Time;Recognition Time

;TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L632D;ac00;6.07x;3.44x;8.08x;137 ms;141 ms;233 ms;13 %;13 %;26 %;51 %;24584

KB/sec;3.09 sec;4.26 sec;0.00 sec;1.26 sec;21.21 sec

create disc showed at straight line just below 4x and a slight curve from just below 4x to 8x with evenly spaced drops to just below 2x

i have no idea what that means

benchmark showed a straight line at 4x and a slight curve from 4x to 8x... no drops

Serial Number;Drive;Firmware;Transfer Rate - Average;Transfer Rate - Start;Transfer Rate -

End;Random Access Time;1/3 Access Time;Full Access Time;1 X CPU Usage;2 X CPU Usage;4 X CPU

Usage;8 X CPU Usage;Burst rate;Spin Up Time;Spin Down Time;Load Time;Eject Time;Recognition Time

;TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L632D;ac00;6.07x;3.44x;8.08x;137 ms;141 ms;233 ms;13 %;13 %;26 %;51 %;24584

KB/sec;3.09 sec;4.26 sec;0.00 sec;1.26 sec;21.21 sec

create disc showed at straight line just below 4x and a slight curve from just below 4x to 8x with evenly spaced drops to just below 2x

i have no idea what that means

You need to run the Transfer Rate test at max speed and then post the screen capture of the resulting graph (Nero CD Speed has a built-in window capture feature to either .png or .jpg).

Just run CD Speed and in the "Run Test" menu choose Transfer Rate, or just press F2 after running CD Speed (make sure the relevant drive that contains the DVD Video disk is selected in the main pull-down-menu. As a check, try lowering the burn speed of your next DVD video disk. I only burn at 8x even though my burner and media allow 16x. It takes a couple of minutes more but produces perfect results. Also try changing the DVD media you're using (I'm using Verbatim).

You need to run the Transfer Rate test at max speed and then post the screen capture of the resulting graph (Nero CD Speed has a built-in window capture feature to either .png or .jpg).

Just run CD Speed and in the "Run Test" menu choose Transfer Rate, or just press F2 after running CD Speed (make sure the relevant drive that contains the DVD Video disk is selected in the main pull-down-menu. As a check, try lowering the burn speed of your next DVD video disk. I only burn at 8x even though my burner and media allow 16x. It takes a couple of minutes more but produces perfect results. Also try changing the DVD media you're using (I'm using Verbatim).

i saw the capture settings under options but couldn't find the capture button, so u used the good old ctrl-prtsc button and captured it...

i burn dvd video at 4x on my 8x laptop burner using 16x dvd

post-99728-1186340389_thumb.jpg

OK, please stay on topic people :rolleyes:

I have managed to integrate sqlite functionality to fix activation links in the upgrade window and access to the Nero ProductSetup tool from within Nero will work now:

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=YDBPW66K

Lots of internal changes and hopefully some bugs squeezed so it will finally be time to release Nero 7 Lite 7.0.10.1 in all flavours.

I also have updated the SDK and Inno Setup package: http://updatepack.nl/nero_lite/

:hello:

Edited by Acheron

i saw the capture settings under options but couldn't find the capture button, so u used the good old ctrl-prtsc button and captured it...

i burn dvd video at 4x on my 8x laptop burner using 16x dvd

post-99728-1186340389_thumb.jpg

That looks like a smooth graph, although I'd expect a 16x reader to read it faster. Maybe that's your drive's max read speed for DVD video.

I've been using Major's Nero Lite v7.9.6.0 to create DVD Video disks and they are working perfectly on all tested players.

Anyone tested last version?

I need some feedback, otherwise bugs will show up on final version. Especially activation issues or failed silent installs are show stoppers and need to get addressed before going final.

I'm not interested in updating the Final version if people are to lazy to give some feedback on Nero 7 Lite RC.

And another progress update. I have managed to fix Nero Anti-Virus library update bug. I will include a helper Anti-Virus file in lite and micro builds (23kb) that I have overlooked. So even when you download the Micro version you will be able to use Anti-Virus functionality later on, after updating the anti-virus library :)

Anyone tested last version?

I need some feedback, otherwise bugs will show up on final version. Especially activation issues or failed silent installs are show stoppers and need to get addressed before going final.

I'm not interested in updating the Final version if people are to lazy to give some feedback on Nero 7 Lite RC.

Well I installed yesterday and burned a crapload of stuff at work with no problems!

Well come to think of it there was one.. During the install, it picked up my registration no problem and worked a charm.

However, after installing on top of my previous 7.9.6.0 (well your Micro actually) the version number on both the splash screen and the About Nero tab were still 7.9.6.0.. After noticing this, I uninstalled, reinstalled and everything has been just fine. Took my serial and everything!

Although it might be a typo, the download said it was Micro yet my install says Lite... Other than that nothing wrong at all!

Could someone make a lite version of Nero which contains only DriveSpeed :)

...or help me to do it myself ? :)

You can download DriveSpeed seperately from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html. To make a silent installer just use plain batch commands to copy the files inside the zip file to your harddrive. Thats very basic stuff.

Yep, it's pretty old version of DriveSpeed at that site (not fully compatible with Vista as the newest version is.)

I've made silent installation with full nero installation...but it's kinda stupid because the installation package takes over 600MB's and drivespeed is just few MB's :rolleyes: so a lighter version would be really nice!